gibson les paul zakk wylde, fake or original?

paco1976

Reaction score
Anyway, £2,050.00 is kinda too much... to each his own of course, but I really don't like much a guitar so "signature", it's zakk's guitar not yours. And the active pups... first thing I'd change, total tone killers. Why people keep using them?

Why don't you try Seymour Duncan JB and '59? Best pups you'll find for metal stuff, and you can use them for jazzy things perfectly well too.

Just my opinion of course. But do not spend so much money in a guitar just because Mr Wylde is cool. There are so much better guitars for this money... and for much less.

It is not that I don't like Zakk Wylde, I do like him, but I believe he lost his tone somewhere in 1993.

Thiago

Reaction score
That is a true Zakk Wylde Les Paul model.

The three-piece maple neck with volute gives it.

JEguitars

Reaction score
Anyway, £2,050.00 is kinda too much... to each his own of course, but I really don't like much a guitar so "signature", it's zakk's guitar not yours. And the active pups... first thing I'd change, total tone killers. Why people keep using them?

Why don't you try Seymour Duncan JB and '59? Best pups you'll find for metal stuff, and you can use them for jazzy things perfectly well too.

Just my opinion of course. But do not spend so much money in a guitar just because Mr Wylde is cool. There are so much better guitars for this money... and for much less.

It is not that I don't like Zakk Wylde, I do like him, but I believe he lost his tone somewhere in 1993.

I agree with you on the EMG's. I have tried them and never got a sound that I liked from them. Too shrill for me. I like my own scatter wound pickups. Wrap them about 4500 on each bobbin and you have something real nice. I also like the SD JB and 59

Latest Threads