Gibson Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute

gibson278

Reaction score
so i want a gibson les paul 50s tribute does anyone know where i can find one in goldtop eithier on the internet or somewhere nere branson missouri

logen99999

Reaction score
check the classifieds section on here. i saw a few being sold (goldtop). they were priced much higher then retail though :\

cheeseflavor

Reaction score
They're available on eBay all the time at jacked up prices. I was in GC over the weekend and they had an ebony one in the store. I've owned a honeyburst and have a goldtop currently for sale on eBay. Frankly, I wasn't impressed with either one. Hence, they won't stick around.

YMMV :)

Steve

Indyclone

Reaction score
They seem like a pretty good deal for $850... still not better than a used 90's studio... but for new it's pretty good.

What seems stupid to me is why someone would buy one for $1300... or $1200, or $1400.

They're not better than a new Maple Top (regular) Studio... the finishes aren't near as nice and they seem to be made from a few more pieces.

Yeah, you can get Gold Top and a burst.... and they're p90's. but they're not worth over a grand..

KenG

Reaction score
It must be the limited "one time" run that helped drive up prices. Of course if Gibson has changed their minds and are re-running the series again that price should go down.
I think some people will be pissed if this happens though. If I bought something with the understanding that it'd be limited and then the company changed that, I'd have a hard time trusting them in the future with regards to the same promise. Value or perceived value can be seriously affected by changes like this.

ElectricGuitarist33

Reaction score
There is no way I would pay more than what you would at GC for this. If they're gone, they're gone. Anything more, and you might as well buy a real Studio. Who cares about the goldtop, or fake binging, Get a regular Studio. To me, over $1000 for one of these, is just braindead.

TheImmaterial

Reaction score
I paid $1050 for mine but that's cos I live in the UK. I absolutely love it though so i'm happy.

Blues-E-Lou

Reaction score
Some people seem to be missing the point. The real crime isn't the people paying the big bucks for these guitars. It's those A-Holes that are buying the guitar to make profit, rather than for the Love of the guitar and the tradition that it represents. If there's some hard working guy out there that wasn't fortunate to get the 50's tribute LP before they ran out and then saved his hard earned money to pay more for it because he genuinely loves everything about it, I see nothing wrong with that. Except of course, that Some of these sellers are charging almost double for the guitar.

Indyclone

Reaction score
If people weren't buying they wouldn't be able to sell them for what they are....

I've always made it a point to never buy event tickets from a scalper or "service" because that just encourages them to buy up all of the tickets, only making it harder to get them at face value. This is pretty much the same..

ElectricGuitarist33

Reaction score
When it comes to certain price level, logically, instead of paying for a guitar made 7 or 8 pieces, why wouldn’t a person turn and buy the one made of 4 or 5, with a hard finish and case? I would think it’s logical, anyway. P90’s a cool, they look cool too, but I’d rather have humbuckers. There is no way I’d give anyone the satisfaction with a 50’s Tribute Studio.

Travst

Reaction score
No one is "owed" a guitar. If speculators buy them to resell, more power to them. They were smart enough to spot a trend, take a risk, and jump into the market. Free enterprise.

TheImmaterial

Reaction score
No one is "owed" a guitar. If speculators buy them to resell, more power to them. They were smart enough to spot a trend, take a risk, and jump into the market. Free enterprise.

No one is saying anyone is owed a guitar. From a buyers perspective it's just annoying when a middleman hikes up the price to make an easy dollar.

Bordeaux

Reaction score
When it comes to certain price level, logically, instead of paying for a guitar made 7 or 8 pieces, why wouldn’t a person turn and buy the one made of 4 or 5, with a hard finish and case? I would think it’s logical, anyway. P90’s a cool, they look cool too, but I’d rather have humbuckers. There is no way I’d give anyone the satisfaction with a 50’s Tribute Studio.

Does this mean you don't like the Tribute?

Travst

Reaction score
No one is saying anyone is owed a guitar. From a buyers perspective it's just annoying when a middleman hikes up the price to make an easy dollar.

Annoying... perhaps, just like not being able to the the concert tickets that I want. But what's the alternative? I can see limiting 1 per customer, but that's terribly easy to work around.

ElectricGuitarist33

Reaction score
I like the tribute. Seriously. But I would not pay more than $1000 for it. As soon as they want $1300, no way. If I have the money, I'll take a regular Studio, any day. If I don't, there are plenty of other Gibson Les Pauls or SG's in the lower price range.

Bordeaux

Reaction score
I like the tribute. Seriously. But I would not pay more than $1000 for it. As soon as they want $1300, no way. If I have the money, I'll take a regular Studio, any day. If I don't, there are plenty of other Gibson Les Pauls or SG's in the lower price range.

Well my Tribute is hands down the better guitar than the the Worn Cherry Studio I had before it. Plus I only paid $750 for the Tribute compared to $800 for the Worn Studio.As far as the price, $1000 is a bit much but if the demand calls for it, then it doesn't bother me. It's not like we are all force to pay that much, my GC here in Raleigh has Tribute on the shelf right now for $850 out the door. :applause:

bluesguitar65

Reaction score
Well my Tribute is hands down the better guitar than the the Worn Cherry Studio I had before it. Plus I only paid $750 for the Tribute compared to $800 for the Worn Studio.As far as the price, $1000 is a bit much but if the demand calls for it, then it doesn't bother me. It's not like we are all force to pay that much, my GC here in Raleigh has Tribute on the shelf right now for $850 out the door. :applause:

Ditto! Here is my 50s Tribute compared to my much more expensive 08' Les Paul Standard.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hItpcoGr0oI[/ame]

Latest Threads