Gibson les Paul studio 2017 vs 2019

Neilyounguk

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a studio and wondered what the differences are between the 2017 and 2019?

I've seen this white one I like that is a 2017. But maybe I'm better getting a 2019 if there have been improvements

Thanks all

jbylake

Premium Member
Reaction score
One person's idea of an "upgrade" is another's misery. Play both of them and take the one you like. It's your hands, your brain, and your tastes. And I don't believe there were any earth shattering "upgrades" between those years. :wave:

Neilyounguk

Reaction score
One person's idea of an "upgrade" is another's misery. Play both of them and take the one you like. It's your hands, your brain, and your tastes. And I don't believe there were any earth shattering "upgrades" between those years. :wave:
Hi, unfortunately I don't have a chance to play the 2017. It is too far away and they would need to ship it for me

jbylake

Premium Member
Reaction score
In that case, I'd let it slide and find one locally. How else are you going to know if any "upgrades" are worth it. Buy your guitars as locally and feasible to drive to, to play and see it. Good luck to you, wish you the best.

Neilyounguk

Reaction score
In that case, I'd let it slide and find one locally. How else are you going to know if any "upgrades" are worth it. Buy your guitars as locally and feasible to drive to, to play and see it. Good luck to you, wish you the best.
I eally want to go with the 2017 as I want the white colour. The guitar shop will send it to my local shop if I really want to try. But before I put them to the effort I was trying to see if there any major reasons not go with a 2017 or if the 2019 has much better specs or quality

jbylake

Premium Member
Reaction score
I eally want to go with the 2017 as I want the white colour. The guitar shop will send it to my local shop if I really want to try. But before I put them to the effort I was trying to see if there any major reasons not go with a 2017 or if the 2019 has much better specs or quality
Yeah, I get it. My Studio is a 2016, so I can't help there. I did upgrade mine with "pearly gates" pickups, and it sings like an angel now.

laterider

Reaction score
I love white studios but one thing that bothers me is somewhere around 2010 they dropped using ebony and white studios went to granadillo boards like the 2017 you have shown. For some reason to my ears I can't get on with granadillo, I don't know if its a mental thing but I hear something different in the tone that I don't with ebony or rosewood. I can hear a difference in tone between ebony and rosewood and like both. Call me crazy, YMMV.

Latest Threads