Gibson Les Paul Standard 2019 60's (Unburst Finish/Flamey :)

TheGoodBoi

Reaction score
Hey folks, this is my first post in a while here. I hope you're all good!

Months and months ago I posted a few pictures of a les paul that I got second hand (through reverb) that I ended up not liking and ended up returning (with help from the forum) due to some cosmetic issues that weren't disclosed to me. I mentioned in that thread that it would most likely be a while until I find a les paul I'd want to pull the trigger on again as I'm so damn picky. But I kept an eye out as I always wanted one, as I know just how good a "good one" can be.

I recently spotted this absolute beauty online here in the UK and just couldn't resist, so I took a gamble (knowing I could just return it if I didn't like it with no fuss). The specs of the new LP's spoke to me and this doesn't disappoint.

It honestly ticks all the boxes for me, looks fantastic (I love the flame top on this), plays great and sounds great and really works for what my band are currently doing (originals) and I couldn't be happier. So I thought I'd share a few pics for you all to see, and a couple of me playing it live and looking disgusting, but the live shots in particular shows off the flame nicely hehe. It's super "3D" so it looks different depending on how light hits it/the angle etc. :dude:

Attachments

Last edited:

spoony

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats!

Love the band shots. First thing I thought was holy cow that's where Morrison has been hiding and you are wearing one of them there pussy hats:)

s

bhyatt1

Reaction score
I still love my 2016 Standard T (and the top) until I see ones like this lol. That chevron is beautiful and the flame is killer.

GT1

Reaction score
Awesome flame on that one
Really looking liking these Unbursts.
Have not come across one yet in a store to try. Yesterday, was at Sam Ash and tried the new Les Paul Special ($1599). I liked the neck, and that was all.

Dougj

Reaction score
Big congrats, nothing like a standard IMHO looks fabulous really stands out and your right it has got a super 3D effect
all the best from Suffolk UK

caloyburger

Reaction score
It’s beautiful! Congrats! That burst looks exactly like a Murphy painted R8 I once had. It was called Tom’s Tea. Regretfully sold it. If I do get a 60’s LP Standard in the future I think it will be the unburst. Best looking color next to the bourbon burst. Here’s how the Murphy looked by the way...

0EFCEFB3-F60A-4D94-B9D5-EA5F1F3EEC10.jpeg