Gibson les Paul r9 2001

R994

Reaction score
I feel I need to crank the volume to use my les Paul r9.

I first thought of changing pick ups but I realised, the picks ups are fine. Just not the same as newer reissue which sound great at lower volume

this les Paul is very nice however, I realised it was sounding bad cause I didn’t turn up the volume high. Otherwise I would get a much better tone.

however for practicing at home this is not ideal should I buy a Yamaha amp thr10ii so I can play quiet. As I really need to crank up my valve.

simon connor

Reaction score
Santa brought me a new Spark amp for Christmas. You can either go for sound or no sound with headphones. It has hundreds of amp models in its software, and also backing tracks. I don't think I'd ever use it as an amp to use live, but as a practice set up, I can't reccomend it highly enough. The thing is awesome.

R994

Reaction score
Like i think its sounds fine now. just to get my les paul to like proper sounding on my mesa i need my mesa at least on 5-7 volume master which a bit hard to do. haha

R994

Reaction score
i am using thr10II. Valve is more fun to play to be honest u get some organic interactions which you dont get with model amps.

Latest Threads