Gibson Les Paul Quality Control poll....

How do you rate your Les Paul in initial quality?

• Perfect! No issues whatever as I received it!

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Not bad! It had some minor issues that were easily resolved.

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Ehhhh!!! Not as good as I would have liked. Took some time and money to get it right.

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Awful!!! Totally unplayable! Major issues! Sorry I bought it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dennistruckdriver

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have Gibson Les Paul guitars, here is a poll to see how many of us have 'issues' with our favorite instruments......

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
Bought an R9, and the electronics were for crap, replaced everything.

BB

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Seen a couple really unplayable Gibsons. They get sent back immediately, so the last option doesn't really apply.

2 out of the 8 Slash's sent here were unplayable. My R0 was unplayable, but most of the stuff I see doesn't affect the tone or playing ability of the guitar, but DEFINITELY hurts the value BIG TIME. I wouldn't pay more than $800 for some of the LP Standards I've seen on the shelves these days.

I had big hopes for Gibson 2008. So far, big let down.

needlespauls

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Mine is absolutely flawless, but it took a lot of searching to find it...

Boleskinehouse

Reaction score
Only problems I've ever had were nut issues, and I'm talking Custom Shop!

My USA models have all been flawless, but then again, none of my USA models are newer than '04...

Harpozep

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Custom Shop nut and bridge issues on my new Elliott Easton SG.
It is unplayable, but coming along. I'll need a new nut cut. Got the bridge worked out.
The Vibrato arm will not come off. Seems the screw is locked or cross threaded. The original arm has to come off because every time the guitar is shut in its case, the arm is depressed:wtf: No matte4r where the arm is placed in its arc.

So this is a design flaw. Gibson should know this and put an arm with less of a tilt in it or a deeper case. Stupid. Just Stupid. Is this a QC issue, sounds more like a product design flaw.

My R9 was fine though, but the guy I bought it from likely set it up. I got it four months old. It is an '07. I thought the electronics worked fine, but am having fun changing parts out because I want to.:fingersx:

AtomEve

Reaction score
I don't usually buy new guitars but the 2 Robots I bought recently were fine. :eek2:

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I hope Gibson hears us....love the guitars but, put in a little more effort on getting it right and quality control....PLEASE

peace

mojofilter

Reaction score
DETAILS,DETAILSDETAILS,...its all about the DETAILS!even the smallest DETAIL,is a major issue! if you cant play the thing the way you like to! GIBSON NEEDS TO WAKE UP!

racerratt

Reaction score
Another one here with the nut problem! Replaced with bone nut. Another so called custom shop guitar that needed help. No excuses for this at all.

Gibson QC just flat SUCKS!!

GIBSON NEEDS TO WAKE UP!