Gibson Les Paul Junior Special vs Studio faded?

LGK_dude

Reaction score
Hello,

I was browsing guitars online and noticed what seems to be a new Les Paul Junior from Gibson. It looks like the Les Paul Studio faded thats been out a while, but it has the 490/498 pickups like the "normal" studios rather then the burstbuckers.

Is this the only difference between these two models, or does a Junior differ from a LP studio in other ways?

Gibson.com: Les Paul Junior Special Humbucker

Gibson.com: Gibson Les Paul Studio Satin

jeffy

Reaction score
The Special, like the Junior has a flat-top slab body while the Studio is an arch top. The Special also has neck binding and dot inlay instead of trapezoids.

bosnialove

Reaction score
If you ask me, dot inlays only look good on Strat / Superstrat guitars.

Buy the Studio and mod it to your taste!

Arthur

Reaction score
Get the special but for the love of god do not get the humbucker version.

Dirtyclinic

Reaction score
Do they have that special with the neck binding and that style of tuning pegs with P90s? If so, I want that instead of the 70s tribute Firebird.

artiem

Reaction score
OK, so can anyone tell the difference between the new "Les Paul Junior Special" and the regular "Les Paul Special"? The "Junior Special" has a baked maple fretboard, some of the Specials don't have fretboard binding, but what could account for the significantly higher cost of the Special?

I'm happy Gibson is offering more guitars at the <$1000 level, but the pricing is confusing.

Latest Threads