Gibson Les Paul Jimmy Page Wiring - Not working?

Kenni

Reaction score
Hello all.

I've just finished up wiring the Jimmy Page wiring in a Gibson Les Paul, and when I went to plug it in, I got no sound, just buzzing/humming...
When I touch a metal part, for example the bridge, the buzz/hum goes away, but still no sound..

I've followed the Seymour Duncan Diagram, and installed Seymour Duncan pickups, but can't figure out what went wrong?
I've used a multi-meter, frequently checking for connection and ground, and that seems fine, but something's wrong..

Any suggestions..
Let me know if you need anything, to help clearify..
Thanks.

AJK1

Reaction score
Hello all.

I've just finished up wiring the Jimmy Page wiring in a Gibson Les Paul, and when I went to plug it in, I got no sound, just buzzing/humming...
When I touch a metal part, for example the bridge, the buzz/hum goes away, but still no sound..

I've followed the Seymour Duncan Diagram, and installed Seymour Duncan pickups, but can't figure out what went wrong?
I've used a multi-meter, frequently checking for connection and ground, and that seems fine, but something's wrong..

Any suggestions..
Let me know if you need anything, to help clearify..
Thanks.
Take it to an expert

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take it to a pro.

It might be hard to find someone who wants to deal with a 21 tone harness at all and also wants to troubleshoot someone else's failed attempt at one. That's not a pleasant job to come across the bench.