Gibson Les Paul Goldtop - R7

the1jj

Reaction score
Hey all,

You guys likely know what this is. These are getting rarer as of late, and get snagged up pretty quick.

The neck is as thick as they come. I have small hands, but the profile is extremely comfortable. She is a beefy lady in the profile, but not on the back. She weighed in at the mid range of 8.4 pounds. By the way If you have never played a Historic, you will quickly understand why they are priced different from your normal Gibson USA Les Paul's. That extra care and attention to detail, really makes a difference in the quality of instrument. Long neck tenon. Hand carved top. Attention to detail in wood selection, immaculate fretboard grain. This one really is as awesome as they come.

Inside her guts, are a Wolfetone Dr Vintage/Marshallhead combo. She has been wired with push pulls, for split coil goodness. Bumblebees are still there, so only swap was the volume pots.

Looking at pulling $2,750 shipped here. No COA, but will come with her original case. I ship fast, pack well, and will fully insure for our peace of minds.
IMG_3714.JPG
IMG_3715.JPG
IMG_3716.JPG
IMG_3717.JPG
IMG_3718.JPG
IMG_3719.JPG
IMG_3720.JPG
IMG_3721.JPG
IMG_3748.JPG

• Top: Carved Maple
  • Body: Non-weight relieved mahogany
  • Fretboard: Rosewood
  • Binding: Cream
  • Neck: Mahogany
  • Scale: 24.75″
  • Radius: 12″
  • Bridge: ABR Stoptail
  • Knobs: Gold top hats with pointers
  • Electronics: 2vol/2tone, 3 way pickup selector
  • Pickups: Wolfetone Marshallhead/Dr V combo w/ split coil

the1jj

Reaction score
Yessir. Called Gibson to confirm year when I traded for it with another forum member.

Latest Threads