Gibson Les Paul Custom Lite - is it worth buying?

gizmo236

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am interested in buying Les Paul Custom Lite 2013'. In your opinion, is it worth buying?

I am asking because on the forum I saw that it retailed for 1100-1500 USD, and at the moment the prices in Europe are around 3000 eur. Since in my opinion it is not worth (nearly) that much, what is the ok-ish price which you would pay for it?

Also, is anyone on the forum currently selling some of these (in Europe)?

Because I want to try an LP with thinner body, I was checking out Less+, but it has a width at the nut of >45mm, which is too much for me. Aside from these two, do you know any other LP alternatives with thin body and normal nut width (43mm)?

smk506

Reaction score
Not at that price.
This.

They’re cool guitars, I had one from the original 80’s run for years and currently have an FGN with the same slim body but made up like a standard.

The prices on them HAVE gone up in the last few years, but that’s still high IMO.

In today’s higher priced market I’d go maybe $2500 if I had to have a lite model and it had to be a Gibson and it had to be a custom.

If I just wanted a Les Paul with the slimmer body my first pick would be the FGN, second a Less Paul, amd then third the custom lite. Funnily enough they can be had in that order cheapest to most expensive…

gizmo236

Reaction score
If I just wanted a Les Paul with the slimmer body my first pick would be the FGN, second a Less Paul, amd then third the custom lite. Funnily enough they can be had in that order cheapest to most expensive…

Which FGN model is that?
Any reason, aside from high price point, why you would pick FGN instead of custom lite?

There's a nice 2018 Classic Lite on Reverb for $1600 right now...

https://reverb.com/item/46279457-gibson-les-paul-classic-lite-2018

Thanks for the suggestion, I will keep an eye on Classic Lite also, but unfortunately this one would be pretty hard for me to get because of the shipping/taxes/customs combo from USA to Europe.

Reactions: Who

smk506

Reaction score
Which FGN model is that?
Any reason, aside from high price point, why you would pick FGN instead of custom lite?

Thanks for the suggestion, I will keep an eye on Classic Lite also, but unfortunately this one would be pretty hard for me to get because of the shipping/taxes/customs combo from USA to Europe.

It’s an NLS10RMPTB.

The biggest reason I’d go with it over the Gibson is that they’re much cheaper. If the price were the same or even close I’d go with the Gibson, but the price isn’t even close.

drugprowlingwolf

Reaction score
Honestly you could get a great SG for much less with a lot of the same vibe. Just run the racks for one with a stiff neck that you fits your hand. That’s no easy task IME but worth it in the long run.

Latest Threads