Gibson Les Paul Custom Electric Guitar 1986 Sound Alike

shadowartisttxl

Reaction score
Hello there, first time poster desperately trying to see if there's a single-cut out there which mimics the Gibson Les Paul Custom Electric Guitar 1986. Does anybody have an idea?

BDW60

Reaction score
Any Les Paul with the same pickups as the one you like is a good place to start. But there are too many variables between guitars to ever find a “sound alike” for one you like based on specs or year of manufacture.

zeneffect

Reaction score
This one should sound pretty close

(sorry just having some fun :) ) for real though, having owned my fair share of les pauls from all brands including Gibson, having previously and currently own multiple of the same guitar year, manufacturer, and model each had its own personality. a few were close but none exactly the same.

Southwest

Reaction score
I had a lovely Tokai Love Rock from around that time that I convinced myself sounded just like a Les Paul Standard. Had it for years and loved it, but in reality it sounded like itself. Brilliant guitar, but not the same pickups or hardware and not a soundalike. And not cheap from memory - circa half the price of the Gibson though i may have that completely wrong. No idea about availability or prices these days but might be worth a look?

Why 1986? Is it a specific instrument you are trying to mimic? I certainly can't date a guitar by just listening to it for example. And any pedals in the chain will also change the tone of course. Sounds to me like you need to spend a happy few days trying out guitars then buy the one you like the most. Good luck and remember to post some pics once you have it.

Latest Threads