Gibson les paul classic custom

mutility

Reaction score
Hi! I am a owner of a Gibson Les Paul custom, wine red. But a "real" one made 2003 in the custom shop... What is the difference to this cheaper "version"?

Can Gibson really call this guitar for "custom"? Yeah, the headstock got the logo... but...

Gibson.com: Gibson Les Paul Classic Custom

sixstring531

Reaction score
I am sensing a disturbance in the trolling forces here....

The gist of the new one is - it's the renewal of the classic with custom features (such as the headstock you just mentioned). It doesn't claim to be a custom and the price point definetly reflects it. Hence CLASSIC CUSTOM.

I just bought a wine red one from Eddies two days ago and think it's a beast of a Les Paul (I've owned 5, but no "Real" customs). Easily the best bang for the buck new Les Paul on the market- and subsequently the first new Les Paul I've ever purchased. Sure, I could have purchased a used standard, classic (which is what i am selling), traditional or some other beat up custom, but this guitar looks, feels and sounds great.

Though I doubt it in the near future, I have a feeling this maple board thing and the story behind it might make these more desirable in the future. (if they stop making them)
We tone chasers are a fickle bunch and every bit of fairy dust has its time and value.

jlb32

Reaction score
Hi! I am a owner of a Gibson Les Paul custom, wine red. But a "real" one made 2003 in the custom shop... What is the difference to this cheaper "version"?

Can Gibson really call this guitar for "custom"? Yeah, the headstock got the logo... but...

It says "Custom" not "Custom Shop". The Diamond logo on the headstock doesn't always mean Custom Shop especially if you remember that most Les Paul Customs use to not be made in the Custom Shop.

If your Gibson Les Paul Custom is a 2003 then it probably wasn't made in the Gibson Custom Shop either. I think it was 2004 when the Les Paul Customs started being made in the actual Gibson Custom Shop.

acstorfer

Reaction score
It's not a question of which one is better. The only question that should be considered is which one is better for you.

bobarino

Reaction score
PaSNN.jpg

Stonehead

Reaction score
You know its funny when something different comes out. People just start bashing and burning without a clue as to what they are talking about. Contempt before investigation! I just bought a Classic Custom this week and it's a beautiful guitar in every way at a hell of a price point. I chose it over a Standard GT and a Traditional Burst because it felt and played amazing and in the end thats all that counts!
So warm up your traditionalist manginas and flame away!:)

HarleyJohansson

Reaction score
Lovely guitar, haven't played it, but hey... Exciting new features, good price.

You think it's shit, send it to me. I will gladly burn it for you

burning_guitar_01.jpg

JMB1984

Reaction score
Anyone care to share pictures of their Classic Custom?

I am interested in this guitar myself.

Latest Threads