Gibson Les Paul and Fender Deluxe Reverb= holy crap

budg

Reaction score
I have been a strat player for years .Have 2 strats that I play thru a drri.Recently bought a Gibson Les Paul studio deluxe and have been playing it thru my Fender Blues jr .Have been getting some great compliments on my tone .Spent some time dialing in a deluxe reverb and the tone is really sweet.I always thought the el84 and Lester combo was a match made in heaven ,but the drri combo blows it away.Any others feel the same way?

Machine Man

Reaction score
Yes.

IMG_1070.jpg

budg

Reaction score
Well said River. Thats one nice looking rig .

space

Reaction score
I only have Fender amps and you can really get some sweet allman bros tone from them.
Match it up w/a bluesbreaker II pedal and your there.
I switch between a vintage SF twin a BF showman and a 95 super 4x10
T

Standard

Reaction score

i said it right after joining this site and i will say it again that is an awesome looking guitar sir.

to the OP, yeah i'm a fender amp guy and as soon as i get a little money i will get another fender amp.

92Standard

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe myself real soon. Mabe for the Labor Day sales in Sept.

On the other side....kinda tough to beat a Les Paul plugged into a JCM 800 half stack....2203!!!...or a 1959 Plexi! I'd say some folks got a decent tone from a Gibson and a Plexi.

River

Reaction score
i said it right after joining this site and i will say it again that is an awesome looking guitar sir.
Thanks a bunch, Standard. It sounds even better. Pisses me off sometimes, 'cause it's so heavy. It's hanging from me now, turning me into Quasimodo. :(

We do what we must.

Mantis

Reaction score
The Deluxe reverb is one of the best amps ever. there really isnt anything much better... i do not own one, but the DR is hard to beat.
when my days of gigging are over i may just trade in my blues breaker for a deluxe.

River

Reaction score
The Deluxe reverb is one of the best amps ever. there really isnt anything much better... i do not own one, but the DR is hard to beat.
when my days of gigging are over i may just trade in my blues breaker for a deluxe.
What's the BB give you for gigging that the Deluxe won't?

442 SLASH

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe myself real soon. Mabe for the Labor Day sales in Sept.

On the other side....kinda tough to beat a Les Paul plugged into a JCM 800 half stack....2203!!!...or a 1959 Plexi! I'd say some folks got a decent tone from a Gibson and a Plexi.
I agree, I'm a marshall guy and it really is hard to beat a JCM 800, or in my mind a VM 2466, but with that being said, I've dailed in some great tones with fender amps.

Mantis

Reaction score
What's the BB give you for gigging that the Deluxe won't?

It's pretty much the 5th member of the band!
the BB /Les Paul junior lite have never let me down on stage ( doubt a deluxe would give me problems really, but hey, you never Know)
i recently had the BB modded with an on board atennuator so i can get a full british crunch while not being extremely louder than the bassist, or drums. i have had the amp for close to 10 years. for now at least it's here to stay.

Dilver

Reaction score
I only have Fender amps and you can really get some sweet allman bros tone from them.
Match it up w/a bluesbreaker II pedal and your there.
I switch between a vintage SF twin a BF showman and a 95 super 4x10
T

+1 for the Bluesbreaker pedal, but I use a Bluesbreaker I.

And yes, blackface Deluxe Reverb with a humbucker equipped guitar = much awesomeness.

Robert Arthur

Reaction score
How do you guys feel about The Super Reverb?
I have one of those and a "Bluesbreaker Marshall" and for my money the Marshall destroys it.
But...the Vibrato on the Marshall is awful in comparison to the Reverb on the fender. I don't even use it.

Latest Threads