Gibson Led Paul KM 1979

BADMAN67

Reaction score
Screenshot_2018-05-31-03-44-42.png
Screenshot_2018-05-31-03-44-01.png
This has come up for sale in North East England! Looks cool as but looks like its had lots of modifications. The mods give it a more vintage look though. £2000! If only I could bring myself to spend that much on a guitar:(. It' lost its double white T Tops to a set of Bonamasser pickups. Been rewired too. Bridge looks like ABR1 in place of Nashville. Historic pickup rings. Missing switch surround.Tuners been replaced with Klusons or similar. You can see the washer bruise on the headstock. But what a vintage vibe! What do we think? Not orginal ,but better for it in my eyes. £2000?

BADMAN67

Reaction score
No mention of refin. Thought it was just the natural version. Now you say though it could well be. I think if it was 1300 Sterling I'd prob check it out. It' basically just the body and neck that' original. I''ll watch it in hope it gets a bit more wallet friendly. Decent shape Norlins ,here in uk,seem to be round the £3000 mark. I suspect this guy will not come down because of the perceived value people expect here. Problem seems to be people see what Dealers ask,and then assume thats what there guitar must be worth,pushing up the private market:(Think there'll be some issues that will need money spent on. Been well gigged apparently.

Last edited:

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
Looks a lot closer to factory natural in those pics than the first one...only made these in 2 colors and natural.

I still stick with my price as nothing is really factory original etc.

kakerlak

Reaction score
That neck pickup ring looks impossibly tall to still be sitting lower than the end of the fretboard.

BADMAN67

Reaction score
Been refretted and looks like it may have a black nut.

horand

Reaction score
Yes, there has been lots of mods to this one (maybe even refined. Hard to tell from photos)- and it is a bit overpriced. On the other hand these guitars are great, and this one´s more of a players grade than a collectors item - so if you like it, it may be a keeper. But, if you buy it to sell it - the price is too high.

BADMAN67

Reaction score
It' niggling at me ha. Looks like its got such a vintage vibe patina. Way too much money though. Aagghh! I wish someone would buy it so i dont have to think about it ha. Cant see him coming down to realistic price if this is his percieved value. :(

LPPILOT

Reaction score
put that mutha on some scales ... 11 + lbs ?

Latest Threads