Gibson is making double creams again!

trapland

Reaction score
Here is a link to a Memphis ES Les Paul with MHS double cream pickups. These are NOT Dimarzios installed by Gibson, they are GIBSON double creams. Now I can't swear the dealer didn't order the guitar with covered double creams and take them off, but I really doubt Gibson would screw with it.

http://davesguitar.com/products/gibson-memphis/es-les-paul-double-cream/

Original Gibson double creams made now, albeit from a custom shop. I want a set please.

Game on...... :wow:

chasenblues

Reaction score
Here is a link to a Memphis ES Les Paul with MHS double cream pickups. These are NOT Dimarzios installed by Gibson, they are GIBSON double creams. Now I can't swear the dealer didn't order the guitar with covered double creams and take them off, but I really doubt Gibson would screw with it.

http://davesguitar.com/products/gibson-memphis/es-les-paul-double-cream/

Original Gibson double creams made now, albeit from a custom shop. I want a set please.

Game on...... :wow:

Somebody got something wrong somewhere..The image is gone but it was the same model.

"Product Description
The perfect marriage of Les Paul and ES-335 yields powerful tones and a lightweight playing feel, courtesy of DiMarzio pickups, rounded 'C' neck profile, historic details and more.

Gibson Limited Edition ES Les Paul Double Creme VOS Features
DiMarzio Double Cream Humbucker Pickups
F-Hole emblem engraved truss rod cover:
The iconic symbol of the Gibson ES

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GIB-ESLP15-LDNH1-LIST

trapland

Reaction score
I see the image fine.

Direct to image.... Don't know how long it will be there, likely till it's sold. I bought an ESLP there when they first came out, they sell a few. Not a commercial, but it's interesting.

Not Dimarzios, it's not anywhere on the page. italics added by me....

Combining Les Paul styling, ES-335 versatility via double cream bobbin vintage-toned MHS humbuckers, comfortable rounded ‘C’ neck profile with rolled binding, historic details and more.

-F-Hole emblem engraved truss rod cover: The iconic symbol of the Gibson ES line is now the hallmark of Gibson Memphis
-Redesigned neck dimensions: Added thickness to Peghead transition provides greater strength and stability
-Historic truss rod: Superior Adjustability due to the Teflon coating, larger diameter rod, original brass anchor and larger washer
-Bone nut: Bone for smooth tuning and excellent durability
-Rolled neck binding: Binding is rounded off to comfortably fit the contours of the player’s hand
-Low profile frets: Lower fret height provides smooth playability and accurate intonation
-Capacitor changes: Less treble cut than previous capacitor results in a tone with a harmonically rich, singing quality
-Double Cream MHS Humbucker Pickups: Total PAF tones from vintage-style windings with mismatched coils

trapland

Reaction score
Apparently there's another thread about this exact guitar already on this forum.

Justin_Case

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
From the listing:

Combining Les Paul styling, ES-335 versatility via double cream bobbin vintage-toned MHS humbuckers, comfortable rounded ‘C’ neck profile with rolled binding, historic details and more.

-F-Hole emblem engraved truss rod cover: ............

-Double Cream MHS Humbucker Pickups: Total PAF tones from vintage-style windings with mismatched coils

ThroBak

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
It could be possible that Gibson contracted DiMarzio wind these to MHS specs. and therefore the double cream is not an issue. I don't know if this is what happened but it would be one possible answer for the double cream bobbins.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
It's right in the actual product description.

"Product Description
The perfect marriage of Les Paul and ES-335 yields powerful tones and a lightweight playing feel, courtesy of DiMarzio pickups, rounded 'C' neck profile, historic details and more.

Gibson Limited Edition ES Les Paul Double Creme VOS Features
DiMarzio Double Cream Humbucker Pickups
F-Hole emblem engraved truss rod cover: The iconic symbol of the Gibson ES line is now the hallmark of Gibson Memphis..."

Why the confusion?

EDIT - I see chasenblues beat me to it. :cheers2:

dmoss74

Reaction score
ahh, crap. i was hoping gibson was ready to go to the mats over the whole dimarzio dc thing: apparently not.

who was/is the famous old blues guy who plays an f hole lp? i don't remember if his was a double f, or single.

Guitar Rod

Reaction score
The confusion is because one sales outlet is very specific about them being MHS pups, and one is very specific about them being DiMarzios. Is there an official page on this model, because someone on either website is making an assumption somewhere.

jamman

Reaction score
Yup Agree , I posted that link in the historic section a few weeks ago . IIRC there was no mention of DiMarzio pickups in the original ad ...maybe it was modified to correct it ???

Also If you look at some of the other guitars listings At Dave's , last time zI looked (a few days ago) they had AGED TH's not listed as Aged by TM and IIRC a lessor price then standard TH59's , TM Aged TH's. K's less . I've also seen TH60 with (2 they have/had) with Reflectors , Which is not standard for the TH run anywhere I've seen them . And yes they are TH and not HS from what I could tell from the serial # stamp ....

Here:

http://davesguitar.com/products/gibson-custom-shop/2016-true-historic-1960-les-paul-reissue/

http://davesguitar.com/products/gibson-custom-shop/2016-true-historic-1960-les-paul-reissue-aged/

http://davesguitar.com/products/gibson-custom-shop/true-historic-1959-les-paul-reissue-aged/

Lets go Gibson ,,,Start making Double cream pups again , as it's really Yours . Let D man take you to court . Turnaround, me thinks . Since you S&D anyone who even remotely infringes (supposedly) on your Trademarks ....

And Give every TH60 owner a set of Reflectors ,if they want them ..it's the right thing to do ..you know ???

Latest Threads