Gibson headstock logos

ajay

Reaction score
image.jpeg
This is the early to mid 40's Banner Logo: Also the logo for the current J35 Reisshue.

Last edited:

DylanLP

Reaction score
Cool Thread. I might as well share my 'Gibson' logo on the headstock. I don't know but it looks kind of different especially with the large dot on the 'i'?

My Gibson logo.JPG

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Silkscreen logos - Low end models

White from 1928 to 1943/44

Gold War era logo - This type is called "Banner logo"

Post war logo, 1947/8 to '60s found on various guitar like Melody Maker, Les Paul Jr, Special, Lg0, Lg2, Sg Jr, Special, ecc, ecc...Note the dot link to G

'70 Gold logo - Decal instead silkscreening. The dot still linked to G

'70 Black logo - Note 3 screws truss rod cover, found on some instruments in casual way during Norlin Era. I've personally checked a pair of Dove, some Grabber bass and one es340tdn with this feature - Dot link to G

'80 Gold logo - Decal instead silkscreening. The dot still linked to G

the grabber hee hee I really like all the logos personally.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
It is a good thread. I was thinking of tackling this issue a good while back, but I'm too nit-picky. These are very good, generalized examples, but there are many more tiny little variations that would just drive normal people(non-Virgos:laugh2:) crazy.
Fascinating oh if it says Flibson in any font its not a real Gibson so heartbroken.... oh im a Virgo too.

Jake_Jakerson

Reaction score
Here are a few I've saved over the past few years

Headstock on the Right is my 1974 Les Paul Custom (Unsure of the headstock on the left)

Here is my First Les Paul, a 1987 Standard;

Lastly, my current LPC, a 1979 my favorite of the three i have owned!!!