Gibson headstock logos

MrWrong

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
which parts/areas of this axe were made of fiber veneer material? (did you mean the whole the body and the whole neck?) And also what does "fiber veneer" mean bros?
does it mean the finish? or does it mean a sort of mahoganny compressed powder?
The black front surface of the headstock is the fiber veneer.

Vincent R.

Reaction score
The black front surface of the headstock is the fiber veneer.
i got it. thxs so much bro. about the heaviest ones ever made, were those ones from Norlin-Era (from '75 to '85)? had they a maple neck?

MeKevin

Reaction score
There's always the Sonex. I like them, apparently they are not very good. New member, sorry you guys got a Sonex lover on here. I will not EVER talk about them unless semi-relevent. Sorry again and thanx. (^_^)

Attachments

floyd84

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Here's the silkscreened logo on my 59 les Paul Junior

And here's my 69 Deluxe. No dot and close B and O

My 69/59 Conversion has an old style logo

And finally Here's the original logo on my 52 Les Paul. It was placed a little higher by a previous owner, during a neck repair. It was so glued on and brittle, that it was determined to route the logo in the veneer and slip it over the inlay. The silkscreen Les Paul Model has yet to be put on, but it's coming soon

Here's what it looked like before the repairs

kasu

Reaction score
Great thread, deserves a bump....

Meathead872

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
There is a logo also that the 'O' joins the 'N' at the top not at the bottom,from the late 70,s early 80,s. Closed B and O I might add.

awc71

Reaction score
Cool to see the evolution, from a design perspective as well as the historical! I remember looking at old Gibson banjo ukes (my other GAS) and staring at the headstock logos. It's like looking at the oldest photos in a family tree - you're peering into the past.

Treze

Reaction score
SG-250 (1971/1972)

Les Paul Tribute 60 (2011)

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
It's cool to see not only the logo evolution, but also the headstock shapes, just that of the open book style have varied. My ES-135's open book is quite different from my 70's Tribute, the middle is taller with not as pointed edges on the ES, with the points curving up more and being at about the same point on the Lester.

GERRYGTR62

Reaction score
this is very interesting, with lots of turns and twists throughout the years

msciresi

Reaction score
DSC00752.jpg This isn't a Logo but I am proud of this as this is my official license plate on my car!

CRAZY J

Reaction score
A very nice summary of Gibson's logo trough history my friends...very nice.

Latest Threads