Gibson Headstock Logo?

mazzerman

Reaction score
Hi all
This is probably a really stupid question but here goes.
Can anyone tell me why most Les Pauls have the diamond emblem under Gibson whilst others such as my 1988 standard have les paul model in the same place.
I have to admit i really prefer the diamond style to what i have but dont want to alter it from original.
I'm just curious as to the difference, is it to do with standard against custom? or something like that.
Rock on :dude:

KS 5150

Reaction score
Hi all
This is probably a really stupid question but here goes.
Can anyone tell me why most Les Pauls have the diamond emblem under Gibson whilst others such as my 1988 standard have les paul model in the same place.
I have to admit i really prefer the diamond style to what i have but dont want to alter it from original.
I'm just curious as to the difference, is it to do with standard against custom? or something like that.
Rock on :dude:

That's exactly what it is...the custom has the split-diamond while most other LP models have the Les Paul script...there are also additional LP's (classic antique, classic custom etc.) that have the crown inlay similar to the one found on sg standards. and of course there are also limited models (supremes, ultimas etc) that have their own inlays as well...hope this helps, and if I'm at all wrong someone else please correct me..

mazzerman

Reaction score
That's exactly what it is...the custom has the split-diamond while most other LP models have the Les Paul script...there are also additional LP's (classic antique, classic custom etc.) that have the crown inlay similar to the one found on sg standards. and of course there are also limited models (supremes, ultimas etc) that have their own inlays as well...hope this helps, and if I'm at all wrong someone else please correct me..

Thats great, thanks for the reply KS.
I'm a little bit wiser now.
I do love the split diamond though :)

Latest Threads