Gibson has killed all Edwards copies

tzd

Reaction score
Just learned about it from the Edwards Facebook group. All Edwards LP, FV, EX, LS, SG, SA models have been discontinued.

THAWK819

Reaction score
Glad I got the Edwards Page LP when I did; one of the best players I’ve ever owned.

currypowder

Reaction score
I'm not disputing that Gibson had something to do with Edwards discontinuing those models, I'm just questioning whether that was the reason or if there's something else going on. And since the Navigator versions of these models seem to still be available, I don't think I'd jump to that conclusion.

Also, there are still several Japanese brands that are continuing to make direct copies, Tokai, Momose and Crews just to name a few. Until I see those companies following, my guess is that ESP just made some sort of business decision to discontinue the models temporarily or permanently.

And I don't think that Edwards guitars are going to become suddenly scarce or the prices are going to skyrocket. Sure, some sellers may use this as an opportunity to raise their asking price and might even snag a few unsuspecting buyers.

Puck Luck

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ohhhh... does this mean we can state lawsuit era in the classifieds for Edwards guitars we sell now. lol

m5570

Reaction score
So if you read the post, the Edwards rep says for now, but he expected some new LP models in Sept (or that’s what I got out of it)

Also, I don’t believe that Edwards sells guitars in the States. And Japanese law is different than US law, so I doubt Gibson would win there as these Manufacturers have been making these guitars for the last 50 years.

Gibson could try to go after resellers on eBay & Reverb (& they are dumb enough to try that) but that will bite them in the ass quicker than you can snap yr fingers.

Last edited:

Latest Threads