Gibson Guitars & Mark Agnesi

Tim Plains

Reaction score
I only watched the first video and he spewed the same crap they've been saying for over a decade. Same old marketing just with a new face.

Hot hyde glue for the maple top, old ones didn't have that, so not exactly a clone like he claims.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Watched the third one about Les Paul Standard 60's, very credible.
Addresses the standard (lol) issues about the Standard's that have been commented on for years.
I'm not in the market for one and some choices that were made can be discussed pro or con (61R and 61T for instance)
but I have to say I am excited that overall, the Standard is back.
It's like, you want a Les Paul? We've got one for you.

:thumb:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
I only watched the first video and he spewed the same crap they've been saying for over a decade. Same old marketing just with a new face.

Hot hyde glue for the maple top, old ones didn't have that, so not exactly a clone like he claims.
I don't really care about the guitar __ and definitely not for $6500 :eek2: . no Root Beer Burst anyway :mad2:

what I would like is a set of those unpotted buckers , made to original specs .

dissaffected

Reaction score
Good god. That guy sounds like a late night infomercial salesman. Get your Les Paul right here.

Only thing I got out of it is the new Standard is the same as the old Traditional. Whoopie

MikeyTheCat

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good god. That guy sounds like a late night infomercial salesman. Get your Les Paul right here.

Only thing I got out of it is the new Standard is the same as the old Traditional. Whoopie
That’s what I was thinking. It’s a Standard. I love Standards, but selling a Standard like it’s something new is silly.

Well it looks like Gibson has their own Dr. Epiphone.

judson

Reaction score
tough crowd we got here !! :)

good to see mark even if he is pitching the new line of Gibsons and not the vintage stuff from Norms. I am sure it was an opportunity he could not pass up....

i think its early to see how the "new" gibson products perform and i would give them some time to prove they are back building a superior product...only time will prove to be better or the same old stuff....

im only interested in the old stuff

good luck mark!

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Was a Fan of Marks when he was at Normans was jealous of him playing those old LPs and strats but I am happy for him getting a job with Gibson. At least they hired a guitar player, heard HJ wouldnt know a tuner if it bit him in the ass.

dissaffected

Reaction score
A classic reborn or the elimination of a product line- The only diff between the new Standard and old Traditional are knobs and nut matl. Hardly a revolution. But the hell of a marketing spin...

vs

mandobandit

Reaction score
I enjoyed him from the Normans demos and like his move to Gibson.
I’m curious about the new Standards but have a very solid version in my 2016 Traditional.
Since acquiring my new Gretsch Nashville 6120 players edition nothing else makes it out of the case
11BF3933-4A48-43AC-9C53-0A5151B58C95.jpeg
CEBDD520-9127-417E-87BF-72F503E20247.jpeg

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
A classic reborn or the elimination of a product line- The only diff between the new Standard and old Traditional are knobs and nut matl. Hardly a revolution. But the hell of a marketing spin...

vs
Know what makes my marketing job easy?

Giving the people what they want at a decent price.

dissaffected

Reaction score
Know what makes my marketing job easy?

Giving the people what they want at a decent price.
Apparently they were already doing it. But now it is slightly cheaper and called a std

But in all seriousness, I am wondering if anyone gives a crud anymore. This thread is hardly well attended.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Talked with Mark a bit at the Dallas Guitar show. Talked about the new Standards were right on and selling fast. Andertons and Sweetwater blew through theirs right away. Told him he had my dream job and I'd be happy to buy him a beer if he was around later after the show.

rogue3

Reaction score
I listened to that first vid. Maybe its just me,but i don't hear vintage '59 Les Paul tones at all.Pretty guitar,looks like a clone,i guess,but the sound is not there,to these ears.No hollow,lacking in high end quality.Sum of the parts i would think.:hmm:

MikeyTheCat

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently they were already doing it. But now it is slightly cheaper and called a std

But in all seriousness, I am wondering if anyone gives a crud anymore. This thread is hardly well attended.
Same. I’m glad because I love Gibson’s, and especially like that they’ve gotten rid of the model year for the classic models. But I have my Les Paul, and I love it, so I’m mostly out of the market. But who knows I may need one more or a 61 SG.

Latest Threads