GIBSON G FORCE BATTERY STUCK

Woman Tone Man

Reaction score
I wanted to remove this battery for the first time since I've owned the guitar to charge the battery and it is stuck. I feel no spring to push it down to release it up and out. Contrary to what every says I find that the system works really well on two other Gibsons I own.

I would appreciate any advice on how to safely remove it without doing any damage to the battery or the G Force contacts.

:)
Thank you

20210228_214615.jpg

20210228_214053.jpg

Last edited:

Woman Tone Man

Reaction score
Update,

I was able to carefully pull the battery back enough with a pair of flat angled tweezers so I could pull it the rest of the way with my fingers. PHEWWWWWWW! :D

It is charging as I posted this. The battery looks slightly swollen. I'll see if it holds a charge and how it fits when I try to put it back in. :cool:

Justin_Case

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Batteries that swell up are most often caused by being left on a charger way past being fully charged.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Yes, there are several reasons. But, at any rate, batteries are not that expensive and certainly cheaper than an injury to a person or your property from trying to reuse a damaged one. I bet Amazon has a ton of batteries the right size for a few dollars.

Woman Tone Man

Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for their replies and input. The battery took a charge and I was able to push it back in until it clicked in and now it clicks back out with no problem. I think that the battery was just pushed in to far when I acquired the guitar. Now that I know can push it in and out with no problem, I do not believe that the battery (being so slightly convex) it is considered swollen or faulty. How ever, I will keep an eye on it to see if it retains a charge and still pushes in and out freely.

BTW, the hump in the middle on one side is just a locator to make sure you put the battery in correctly.
20210301_120615 (800x800).jpg

20210301_120719 (800x800).jpg

Last edited:

Latest Threads