Gibson Flying V - Wolf Hoffmann from Accept - looking for details

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
The guy pulled a Peter Frampton....big head of blonde hair then gone.
Thats funny :laugh2:
I had long blond hair, decided I had enough and asked the barber to set the clippers on shortest setting and be done with it. She asked 5x if I was sure. Next few days, some people from my hometown just walked past without recognizing me, that was really weird and funny in way.
I guess I pulled a Peter Frampton hehe

jojo

Reaction score
Wolf rules. One of my faves. Saw Accept a couple of times back in the day.

darkvoice

Reaction score
I've been doing some research on Schaller 456. These bridges sell for some serious money - starting from around $300-350 for a well used ones and going up to $400-500 for the ones in good condition. They are discontinued, which explains the price.

Another thing I discovered - Schaller 456 will not fit on existing Gibson posts, it requires wider spacing. To put this bridge on a Gibson V one will need to remove existing posts, fill the holes and drill new holes to install Schaller 456 posts.

I wanted to re-create Wolf's Gibson V, but it looks like too much work and modifications to the guitar. And it will be quite pricey.

darkvoice

Reaction score
Video of Wolf Hoffmann playing Gibson Flying V guitar where Schaller 456 combination device is clearly visible:

Latest Threads