Gibson false adverstisement?

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You guys kill me.

I also think the first pic looks a lot like rosewood.......

brokenarrow5

Reaction score
rosewood can be all over the place as far as color-- i just got a rosewood fretboard that is very very light- way lighter than yours

vladmaximus

Reaction score
What's this, Nico?

5128900682_f04b812f69_b.jpg

Yeah, I know, it's got shitty-looking inlays. Bite me on that point before we even get started. But, what is it? Whatever you think it is, I'll bet you're wrong. Unless you bite your tongue and restrict your response to "it's beautiful, River, even though it's yours...".

Which I'll bet you can't do.

Danggggggggggggg !!! River..lemme borrow it :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

The Refugee

Reaction score
I believe the correct word is "have" not "has", but since you're a Prof you would know that:laugh2:

EDIT - Did you mean "none"?

Cut him some slack, since I don't think his primary language is English.

River

Reaction score
Cut him some slack, since I don't think his primary language is English.
:bowdown

Considering for whom you're pleading slack, you're an even better human being than I already gave you credit for.

I might need some lessons from you, young Obi-Wan.

The Refugee

Reaction score
:bowdown

Considering for whom you're pleading slack, you're an even better human being than I already gave you credit for.

I might need some lessons from you, young Obi-Wan.

The way I look at it, judge people for what they are greatly in control of.

He knows what he is trying to say when he brings up his opinions about poly finishes, and plywood fretboards, and why the only good wood is proper rosewood, and whatever else he believes in. It is fine to argue and judge him based off those (or at least I think it is).

However, mastery of the English language is a difficult thing. Hell, I've been taking Spanish for years in school and barely made a dent in it (then again, most of my teachers have been poor at teaching, as I have been poor in wanting to learn).

If I wanted to judge him for his imperfect English, I would first expect myself to have a perfect knowledge of his language (assuming English isn't his primary language). Until I have that perfect fluency, I'll keep my trap shut. But that is just me.

Now kneel, River of Rural Colorado, and rise: SIR River of Rural Colorado.

knight-3.jpg

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
Nice, dark, Rosewood!

(I'm going to pretend I didn't see any of the last two pages)

ALZ

Reaction score
i actually do need glasses ,hahaha , o and before i buy another les paul i want to make sure its not a FAKE ! seems good ole china makes everything including u.s.a. stamped les pauls with serail numbers iv'e heard , scary shite ! see ya , alz

politenessman

Reaction score
Hi!
I got a Les Paul SB studio in Jan, love the guitar, but have always wondered why the fretboard seems so weird. According to the Gibson website, it should have been a rosewood fretboard. However, mine doesn't really look nor feel like RW nor does it look like Baked Maple.

Yesterday, while going through some of the Wampler pedal demos, Rob Chappers sort of introduced about the guitar he was playing: a les paul studio swirl, which had obeche fingerboard on it. I realized that those fretboard look exactly like the one on mine.

Now, here is the tricky bit, I bought the guitar from Thomann, on its page, nothing about fretboards was ever mentioned, so I guess that I can't say they are false advertising.

However, on gibson.com, the studio silverburst never had obeche fretboards, (ebony>RW>BM), can that be called false advertising then?

Here is a pic of the FB on my studio

DSC05309.jpg

A fellow MLPer's studio which has obeche
6268606903_a71395aff0.jpg

Looks like it, doesn't it?

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I still love my guitar just as much, I just don't like Gibson not telling me that there could be obeche on the model of a certain guitar, yet still supplying it with obeche.

no man. somewhere they will have printed "gibson retains the right to change specifications without prior notification" or something like that. so it would not be false advertising.

and much more importantly, johan and the mets no-hit st. loo tonight.

Lowdown

Reaction score
"I'll have one each of what you're all drinking to start my Saturday rollin'. And leave that bottle of JD.
BTW,is this bar made of rosewood? It fkn better be. Or I'm takin' my business elsewhere!
"

Latest Threads