Gibson false adverstisement?

RayL

Reaction score
Hi!
I got a Les Paul SB studio in Jan, love the guitar, but have always wondered why the fretboard seems so weird. According to the Gibson website, it should have been a rosewood fretboard. However, mine doesn't really look nor feel like RW nor does it look like Baked Maple.

Yesterday, while going through some of the Wampler pedal demos, Rob Chappers sort of introduced about the guitar he was playing: a les paul studio swirl, which had obeche fingerboard on it. I realized that those fretboard look exactly like the one on mine.

Now, here is the tricky bit, I bought the guitar from Thomann, on its page, nothing about fretboards was ever mentioned, so I guess that I can't say they are false advertising.

However, on gibson.com, the studio silverburst never had obeche fretboards, (ebony>RW>BM), can that be called false advertising then?

Here is a pic of the FB on my studio

DSC05309.jpg

A fellow MLPer's studio which has obeche
6268606903_a71395aff0.jpg

Looks like it, doesn't it?

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I still love my guitar just as much, I just don't like Gibson not telling me that there could be obeche on the model of a certain guitar, yet still supplying it with obeche.

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
OP dont worry about that!, historics are being made with PLYWOOD fingerboards now.....

Tone deaf

Reaction score
The top pics looks like the rosewood on the guitar that I am playing right now.

HRC

Reaction score
Once Nico gunks 'em up with shoe polish it doesn't matter any more. :laugh2:

River

Reaction score
Looks like Rosewood to me.

You need better glassesold man, that is Obeche from a mile....:cool:
And another thing, you crack-impregnated-cork sniffer you:

I said "to me". You got that? "To me". I quite frankly don't give a flying fvck what it looks like "to you", because I think your taste in wood grain, wood finish, and women sucks.

It looks like Rosewood to me. As a matter of pointed fact, it looks a lot like my '60 Melody Maker with Brazilian Rosewood. Dark, murky, and borderline ugly.

But you treasure that shit. So, it obviously looks different to you than it does to me.

Bite me.

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
And another thing, you crack-impregnated-cork sniffer you:

I said "to me". You got that? "To me". I quite frankly don't give a flying fvck what it looks like "to you", because I think your taste in wood grain, wood finish, and women sucks.

It looks like Rosewood to me. As a matter of pointed fact, it looks a lot like my '60 Melody Maker with Brazilian Rosewood. Dark, murky, and borderline ugly.

But you treasure that shit. So, it obviously looks different to you than it does to me.

Bite me.

Thats why you need glasses, or you simple can't tall wood species by eye or smell?? aren't you that trained????

I was expecting more from you Mr.... don't fail.....:cool:

Latest Threads