Gibson Explorer Electric Guitar '76 Reissue 2016 Limited NATURAL

rsswesley

Reaction score
Picked this up, brand new with full case and case candy. Never been played and still has the plastic on the pic guard. I currently have an Epiphone version but this thing blows that out of the water. I walked into the exchange on Foster and it was hanging on the back wall behind the cash register. Price was around $1250.00. No tax so not to bad at all. I was not to sure of the gold bling but it has grown on me. The action is really low but no fret buzz, so I was pleased with that. Changed the strings and plugged it into the Marshall, it has a nice tone both clean and dirty.
IMG_1394.jpeg
IMG_1400.jpeg
IMG_1398.jpeg
IMG_1396.jpeg
IMG_1397.jpeg
IMG_1399.jpeg

Mockbel

Reaction score
A rock machine !!!!
Congratulations... it is a beautiful guitar and great deal

rsswesley

Reaction score
I was supper excited to see it, I could not play it because they do not have any amps so it was a gamble. When I looked it over and played it with no amp it sounded good. Better than buying it site un seen I guess. No scratches dings or any damage. Small spot under the head stock where it was hanging. Most of that buffed out. A spot about the size of a small nail head. Really can’t see it and in reality it does not bother me. Gibson for sure got this one right.

jaycoyoyo

I would rather be playing guitar.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love the natural finish. Sweet guitar!

brianbzed

Reaction score
Picked this up, brand new with full case and case candy. Never been played and still has the plastic on the pic guard. I currently have an Epiphone version but this thing blows that out of the water. I walked into the exchange on Foster and it was hanging on the back wall behind the cash register. Price was around $1250.00. No tax so not to bad at all. I was not to sure of the gold bling but it has grown on me. The action is really low but no fret buzz, so I was pleased with that. Changed the strings and plugged it into the Marshall, it has a nice tone both clean and dirty. View attachment 513820 View attachment 513821 View attachment 513822 View attachment 513823 View attachment 513824 View attachment 513825
Killer guitar at a great price! Rock on!!!

74JMP

Reaction score
I have a 2006 I got NOS in 2012 for 1050.00 I over paid but natural was rare to find. I swapped pups to a PAF style Jimmy Wallace which iMO work better for my old style low gain roll back the volume technique and got a light weight tp and bridge from Faber. Sounds much better.

Latest Threads