Gibson Exclusives Collection - who needs olive drab?

duckfather18

Reaction score
I absolutely love the olive Classic, but it's that Ebony '50s Standard that is giving me cold sweats. I had actually been daydreaming of them offering them in ebony and now they are doing it. I don't like flamey tops, so the various bursts are not for me, and I already have the goldtop, so this is ticking the box for me.
I’ve been waiting for the ebony as well! Pulled the trigger on an ebony ‘60s standard. Just ordered it today so let’s see how long it takes to get here! lol

Reactions: JMP

Dark Horse

Reaction score
Not excited by olive drab either I've noticed it become a popular colour for guitars. For me "exclusive" means something special and so far the Gibson exclusives look ordinary to me.

Last edited:

Andrew1225

Reaction score
Not interested in these new showings.

Tbh I just wished they’d reissue a proper ES-345 with the mono varitone like they were using in Memphis :/

runningonempty

Reaction score
they’ve got kind of an understated “classy” thing going with the colorways they’re offering for this line. not bad if you’re looking to pick up a black guitar. as for the olive ones as others have said it’s an okay color but there’s better colors available.

jaycoyoyo

I would rather be playing guitar.
Reaction score
I would love an Olive Drab Chris Cornell signature 335. There are a few similar guitars, I believe a factory OD 330 at some point, but a Cornell 335 would be a dream for me.

-Jay

jjlps2008

Reaction score
Well I finally decided to post been waiting for an ebony Les Paul Standard solid non weight relieved since 2010 when I got my first Heritage Cherry Sunburst Chambered. When the exclusives Collection came out I had to get it Ebony 50's Standard.. Arived in Canada within a week. Sounds and looks flawless...
JJ

Attachments

• lpst50-1.png
    lpst50-1.png
    374.8 KB · Views: 38

the_lawyer

Reaction score
I think I need one of those...,,just to play „Fortunate son“ in an army copter.

gball

Reaction score
I’ve been waiting for the ebony as well! Pulled the trigger on an ebony ‘60s standard. Just ordered it today so let’s see how long it takes to get here! lol

How do you like the Standard? In the end I decided to go for the Olive Classic when they did another run of these exclusives - its on the way now and will have it in a few days.

Peter M

Reaction score
An Olive Drab Classic could be in my future.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Olive Drap, I am down with it and like it a lot. Can't wait to see your Classic.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
had enough olive drab when i was driving a 5 ton truck...give me sunburst or give me goldtop.

tjdjr1

Reaction score
Seen too much C-diff can't do that green ! I would take it to sell though and get a LP of choice.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a nice P90 Olive Special in the Classifieds at a good price right now.
Pickguard was changed to Tort and the P90 covers changed to cream.

I'm tempted, but she'd kill me.

Latest Threads