Gibson Demo Shop on Reverb

Jeremiah

The Worst
Reaction score
I had three separate transactions with him.

1. I purchased a guitar from Trogly and found him to be a stand up guy, answered all my questions before purchasing.
2. He offered to buy my Les Paul Custom at a price I felt was too low, he completely understood why I turned him down, the conversation was completely amiable and he explained why he needed to buy low so he could turn a profit, which is completely reasonable.
3. A couple years later, bought two gator cases from him, had a money situation pop up on my end and he worked with me.

I've got no complaints, people need to run a business. Hard to read all the vitriol as that has not been my experience.

none2low

Reaction score
For that kind of money I'll take an aged Custom Shop any day of the week. ^^^

truckermde

Reaction score
Hell, I'm gonna stamp ALL my guitars with a "prototype" stamp.

There's an ass for every seat, or so they say...

1607371828230.png

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

1. I purchased a guitar from Trogly and found him to be a stand up guy, answered all my questions before purchasing.
2. He offered to buy my Les Paul Custom at a price I felt was too low, he completely understood why I turned him down, the conversation was completely amiable and he explained why he needed to buy low so he could turn a profit, which is completely reasonable.
3. A couple years later, bought two gator cases from him, had a money situation pop up on my end and he worked with me.

I've got no complaints, people need to run a business. Hard to read all the vitriol as that has not been my experience.
Oh he seems like a really pleasant guy.
I don't think anyone has said that he's a jerk. That would come across in his videos... like Jeff Kiesel really needs to stay off of YouTube.

And to be fair to him, a lot of the bad blood is from a few months ago when he dissed this forum.
He didn't have to... he was doing one of his lame "watch me shop for guitars" video, and he popped MLP open, commented on how the forum used to be good, but doesn't really have any good information anymore, and closed the window.
When called out, he came back briefly and said that he was sorry he ever contributed to the forum.
Well... his contributions were only in his cash subscription, because he certainly did not contribute any information or experience. He just lurked in the threads, and was active in the Classifieds.

So to be fair to him, the bad blood is due to a recent video.
OTOH, to be fair to the forum, it was his comment, and the way it was done was a needless jab. Nobody really seemed to care about him before that, and he was mentioned favorably a number of times.
So, nice guy or not, that video was a passive aggressive dick move.

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

none2low

Reaction score
Yeah. Whats the Gibson Flying V Japan tho?
Just a guess, but probably a Japan only release that got caught up in the CITES rosewood debacle from a few years back.

LP1865

Reaction score
I know a guy who lives not far from me that can make that happen ;)
I want one. Not now.
Its a wish list thing,
I need to get a good amp first.
All in good time.

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

Arminius

Reaction score
Hey guys, new member here. I purchased a 2015 white V from the Gibson demo shop about a month ago, it was a ‘Mod’.
I bought it because it was one with the rounded headstock like the 70’s vintage V’s, thin body, volute and the white finish. Mine had all gold hardware which looks really good with this V. It was in like new condition. I paid 1699.00 which is top dollar but finding one of these in great condition is hard to find so I went for it.
The case had a small dent in the bottom of it so I told them about it and they sent me a new case with a lot of cool Gibson swag and told me to keep the old case. The Gibson demo shop might not be for you but it works for me and what I was after. I play upside down and backwards so V’s are my main guitars of choice.

Jake_Jakerson

Reaction score
When I heard about the Demo shop, I was kind of excited, there are a couple cool "Mod" guitars I wouldn't mind picking up. I find it insane to charge a premium for a prototype guitar, but I can see where a collector would like to have the set of prototype Lp's.

Agreed, I met him to pick up one my custom, was a incredibly respectful and nice business man. Not trying to boost his business (I am not affiliated with him either), but I understand that he has a business to run, and usually does a great job! never had a problem with him!

moreles

Reaction score
Difficult thread to read. People throw language around irresponsibly. "Prototype" does not mean "completely redesigned, superior one-off custom build." It might mean trying "different pickups." Or, "test-spraying a new batch of nitro." It's insane to be arguing about the demo or prototype lingo as though it has some industry-standard meaning. It doesn't. Les Paul's trainwreck hack-job "Log" was both a prototype and a demo. And as for pricing and value, it seems pretty baselessly hostile to me to be going after someobne's pricing when you don't have the details about the guitar. The market shapes actual transaction prices pretty heavily these days. Frankly, I think every "shop" on Reverb, notably the celebrity player equipment dumps, are a big waste of time, as almost every thing I have every seen has had a "bnrush with greatness" overcharge. That some people pay happily...????

uncle mud

Reaction score
I purchased one of these guitars. It is a Les Paul special one off. TV yellow, no Pickguard installed, and trapezoid inlays, and it weighs 6lb 10oz. The fit and finish are perfect. It rivals my R4 in tone and playability. Plus, no one has one like it!
I paid $300 more than a new stock special, and to me it was well worth it.

Latest Threads