Gibson Deleted YouTube Videos. Mark Agnesi Fired?

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The problem with these CEOs is EGO!! They walk in a company and it's like they want to make their mark. So they do all kinds of stupid shit (like this CEO did) and when it backfires on them, they start looking for patsies (like Mark). Mark took the bait. He should have known better unless he was suckered in by the money and ego as well. Sadly, their company model is well out of reach for average Americans who can't afford the crazy prices. Yeah, there will always be Epiphone and lower end choices but the higher end Custom Shop stuff will always be out of reach for most. Shit, they can't even do a proper Historic Les Paul (that cost a fortune) without missing something, like a vintage correct bridge, pigments, etc... what-ever. They can only rope-a-dope their customers for so long before they get fed up. Luckily, there are still a lot of second hand, vintage (and semi-vintage) guitars out there to buy.
well, custom shop examples of all guitars are WAY overpriced for most regular joe guitar players. $3k plus for a strat? I don’t think so. I thought bringing the standard to $2500 was a pretty good move. Not that Gibson is out of the woods with consumer fuckery, but it’s a step in the right direction. And IMO Mark was a tool before he was hired.He’s still a tool as a Gibson employee. And he’s a tool now no matter what his employment status is.

Qam

Reaction score
Winter NAMM should be interesting.
I saw some recent Factory Tour videos on YT where these two foreign-looking, olive-skinned Cubicle Icicles walk through the plant and basically outline what thisguy and thatguy is doing in production.

The employees, such as the one binding guy wrapping the string, check the video if he doesn't have the most aggrieved look on his face, okay.

He is not just unhappy, he is visibly upset.

These new "managers" sounded in the video as if they just spent a week at Camp Sawdust's briefing room before stepping out onto the rough mill line floor for the very first time. And it was a cringeworthy effort not to end the video early.

I felt sorry for the guys working there under Henry J the past 5 years, as seen in the many many negative Employee Company Reviews on Glassdoor for Gibson.

I find myself feeling embarrassed for the company managers sent by the Vulture Capital Fund that today run the Gibson board.

I had high hopes after the last Anaheim show for *finally* being able to buy the perfect Burst with the Gibson logo, but after the JC and Agnesia and Beancounter Expert Tour videos... I know for sure Gibson is toast and that dream Paul is never going to happen for me.

Its not. Those NAMM guitars last year were never going into production as shown. Including that stupid goofy Hippie Flower Paul.. as if its any consolation.

LPCM&BFG

Reaction score
Well, still no new videos featuring Agnesi since October 4, 2019. And no new videos at all on their Youtube channel since November 11th, 2019 (that one had JC in it, not MA). One would imagine a run-up to Xmas pushing some demos of cool guitars, but nah.. nothing. (they did have a SocMed presence during that time though).

One does wonder what's going on.....

Last edited:

LPCM&BFG

Reaction score
I saw some recent Factory Tour videos on YT where these two foreign-looking, olive-skinned Cubicle Icicles walk through the plant and basically outline what thisguy and thatguy is doing in production.
You mean this video? The main guy giving the tour in the new video is the same person who gave the tour in Premier Gutiar's Gibson Factory Tour from 2012

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score

The employees, such as the one binding guy wrapping the string, check the video if he doesn't have the most aggrieved look on his face, okay.

He is not just unhappy, he is visibly upset.

These new "managers" sounded in the video as if they just spent a week at Camp Sawdust's briefing room before stepping out onto the rough mill line floor for the very first time. And it was a cringeworthy effort not to end the video early.

I felt sorry for the guys working there under Henry J the past 5 years, as seen in the many many negative Employee Company Reviews on Glassdoor for Gibson.

I find myself feeling embarrassed for the company managers sent by the Vulture Capital Fund that today run the Gibson board.

I had high hopes after the last Anaheim show for *finally* being able to buy the perfect Burst with the Gibson logo, but after the JC and Agnesia and Beancounter Expert Tour videos... I know for sure Gibson is toast and that dream Paul is never going to happen for me.

Its not. Those NAMM guitars last year were never going into production as shown. Including that stupid goofy Hippie Flower Paul.. as if its any consolation.
And I’m sure JC and MA appreciate your embarrassment for them.
I hear MA is making sandwiches in a Franklin Sheetz.

Subterfuge

Reaction score
I'm sure he has been re-assigned to a lesser task and his vintage expertise is still called upon from time to time, Top Brass realizes it would be another nightmare to turf him so they keep him on the payroll until this whole video thing fades away ...

RAG7890

Reaction score
Agnesi is in charge of watching a bee in a jar in the basement of the Nashville plant....

It reminds me of that old Simpson episode...
.....................is it an authentic Bee or a bogus Bee?

I hear only authentic Bees are the buzz these days.

:cheers2:

Gmal

Reaction score
13 new videos today. Mark Agnesi is in most og them

Latest Threads