Gibson Deleted YouTube Videos. Mark Agnesi Fired?

jb_abides

Reaction score
Never heard of Agnesi prior to his hire. Didn't watch Norm's videos. Despite what talent and connections he may possess, his performance AND persona during the re-branding effort creeped me out. Plus, arrogance isn't a marketing technique when you are trying to win back hearts and minds.

Not sure about his future...

JC seems well meaning but I sense a lot of typical Neo-Businessman Facade about him. But then I like how he heard lighting was part of the QC issue and promptly remedied it...

Guitars are not Levi's, but the jury is still out.

PS: After Agnesi was foisted upon us I checked out Norm's videos, including Guitar of the Day. I like Lemmo's approach and personality for this setting... it fits. Much better than Agnesi's in that particular venue. Further, I think it's a reach to have taken Agnesi from that venue and believe he could front an entire Brand Experience department for a major product company! Especially with his personality, regardless of specific product and company history knowledge.

Just one man's (he/him... pfffft) opinion...!

mdubya

Reaction score
This guy is a much better ambassador than JC.

https://www.instagram.com/gueikian/

I suspect the videos being taken down is part of a strategy to recover from the "play authentic" debacle.

Mark has connections with many, many really great Gibson players. I follow many of them. They ALL have new Gibsons that have been given to them to promote the brand. Just like with Norm's, we want to see cool players demoing the guitars. I see evidence of that on Instagram.

Mark was at the Crossroads festival last weekend (you know, the one put on by that Eric Clapton guy) posting videos and performances and interviewing players.

don71

Reaction score
Any chance this is a jab at you tube? Youtube has changed a lot in the last few months...even further back. The whole demonetization with posters and channels just dissapearing. I have no idea how some suggestions get into my feed. Youtube is not the only video host out there in web land anymore. Some people are tired of it and its methods.

Also, I barely know who Mark is, not that it matters. I don't have a dog in this fight, but theres always next Friday.

Pappy58

Reaction score
It's all a big yawn to me! Im only here for the entertainment. Won't ever be buying anything new from Gibson in my short remaining lifetime, but will express sadness at how once again greed and stupidity are again ruining a once great company!

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw the videos on Youtube talking about this. It is indeed odd that they killed 133 Youtube videos. I mean, normally if you abandon a channel, you still leave the videos up as it does generate interest.

Ok, just a thought here... maybe Henry wasn't actually "that bad" ? Maybe the brand is just cursed somehow?

Or JC is worse than HJ? I mean, in 2019 they went from flying high to a SocMed joke in only 3 months... that is a record time, something not even HJ was able to do. (And I still think Agnessi had a gun put to his head, forcing him to do the Authentic video).

It's almost as if even the die-hard Gibson fans and buyers are saying it's now too much.... which was never the case under HJ...
Well if they’re talking about it on YouTube that must mean they know something. Or not.

judson

Reaction score
that is probably the best guess on all the speculation...thanks trogly

rich85

Reaction score
Hahaha go to Agesi's Instagram and check out the story. He gives Phil Mcknight a slam.

Yes. He is still at Gibson.

TheX

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
Blah blah blah *facts* blah blah blah...

BORING!!!!

judson

Reaction score
Hahaha go to Agesi's Instagram and check out the story. He gives Phil Mcknight a slam.

Yes. He is still at Gibson.
give me a link...what is this thing you speak of instagramcracker? :dunno:

no im serious i went there and saw nothing with exception of his hot wife...way to go mark :wow:

rich85

Reaction score
give me a link...what is this thing you speak of instagramcracker? :dunno:

no im serious i went there and saw nothing with exception of his hot wife...way to go mark :wow:
Go to his profile and click on his circle profile photo

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Back in 2001 I remember seeing Signature guitars for the first time. The Gary Moore LP and Angus SG were cool guitars and affordable. I read a Dickey Betts signature was on the horizon. I sold some stuff and waited patiently. When it came out.......$5500!!! I checked one out at Mandolin brothers in NYC. It was a cool 58 Gold Top with a Murphy finish.

That's when it clicked for me what a rip off these guitars and companies are.

No thanks.
Oh yes!
They also did a Pete Townsend SG Special model with a wraparound tailpiece and two P-90's!
It was around $1000. at the time.
That thing had monstrous tone and was cool as hell.
I plugged one into a DSL-100 once and it was baaad!

And the Gary Moore you're talking about was also quite cheap and had a special tone with the "Greenie"
pickup arrangement.
Yep, those were the days!
:thumb: