Gibson Deleted YouTube Videos. Mark Agnesi Fired?

judson

Reaction score
watching Mark on his Norms guitar vids and then the Gibson were interesting....

Norms vids were believable and i think not scripted great vids enjoyed them all

Gibsons vids seemed stiff too rehearsed but can understand thats what they wanted and wanted from him...it was new to him really so that could be the reason...not sure really

he didnt look comfortable doing them but i dont blame him for taking the money and roll with it...

like to see him back at norms really.....have not watched any of the new guy, maybe i should...

ok that lemmo dude can play....but too much talk with jen...just show me and play the dam guitar..:)

Last edited:

RAG7890

Reaction score
...............Gibson, the gift that keeps on giving.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:cheers2:

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
watching Mark on his Norms guitar vids and then the Gibson were interesting....

Norms vids were believable and i think not scripted great vids enjoyed them all

Gibsons vids seemed stiff too rehearsed but can understand thats what they wanted and wanted from him...it was new to him really so that could be the reason...not sure really

he didnt look comfortable doing them but i dont blame him for taking the money and roll with it...

like to see him back at norms really.....have not watched any of the new guy, maybe i should...

ok that lemmo dude can play....but too much talk with jen...just show me and play the dam guitar..:)
Agreed 100%.

Olds442

Reaction score
he really seemed like a good fit at first, like exactly what they needed.

but he also seems like the kind of person that won't put up with Gibson screwing over their buyers, suing everyone they can, and generally being dicks for him to have to wash off the brand.

yeah, i can see this going really well, or really badly ending in short term. (as the rumors seem to indicate.)

i hope it just unfounded gossip frankly. we'll see.

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Interesting that Gibson's YT channel has all of it's videos removed.

Accidental? Intentional?

Mark... they're stuck with a hire that didn't add anything to their social media outreach.

Fire him and they look like a callous company again. Keep him on payroll and gain nothing. No win either way.

His Norm's GOTD were entertaining but he tried his own videos interviewing people at home and they seemed very canned.

That should of been a preview to Gibson another brand ambassador would of been a better choice.

judson

Reaction score
i think if they do can all of those vids, mark still has value to them i would guess...

he is known by alot of consumers, has contacts with alot of name performers

and within 10 seconds name someone you know besides Mark that works for Gibson?.....

i would bet he isnt going anywhere...maybe a different angle Gibson will use him for.

jkes01

Reaction score
Interesting, clicking on a video says “this video contains content from GibsonGuitarCorp. It is not available in your country.” :wtf:

mdubya

Reaction score
Just skip the talking portions. I used to groan when they would do a guitar I wasn't interested in (Mark days). But, now, Lemmo even makes the acoustics interesting. Super creative and inventive. He does Van Halen one day, Radiohead the next. Then produces these wild originals and never seems to run out of ideas.

judson

Reaction score
Just skip the talking portions. I used to groan when they would do a guitar I wasn't interested in (Mark days). But, now, Lemmo even makes the acoustics interesting. Super creative and inventive. He does Van Halen one day, Radiohead the next. Then produces these wild originals and never seems to run out of ideas.
yeah i noticed the first vid i clicked of him....i dont think he has the knowledge Mark does but the guy can play without a doubt some interesting things....bring back mark and put them both on, that would be interesting :hmm:

after watching two, i started to search out loopers...never had one...oh wait yeah i did and couldnt firgure that dam thing out...too many buttons and stupid shit to remember

mdubya

Reaction score
yeah i noticed the first vid i clicked of him....i dont think he has the knowledge Mark does but the guy can play without a doubt some interesting things....bring back mark and put them both on, that would be interesting :hmm:

after watching two, i started to search out loopers...never had one...oh wait yeah i did and couldnt firgure that dam thing out...too many buttons and stupid shit to remember

If I can figure out how to use a looper, anyone can. :lol:

AwfulQuiet

Reaction score
I saw the videos on Youtube talking about this. It is indeed odd that they killed 133 Youtube videos. I mean, normally if you abandon a channel, you still leave the videos up as it does generate interest.

Ok, just a thought here... maybe Henry wasn't actually "that bad" ? Maybe the brand is just cursed somehow?

Or JC is worse than HJ? I mean, in 2019 they went from flying high to a SocMed joke in only 3 months... that is a record time, something not even HJ was able to do. (And I still think Agnessi had a gun put to his head, forcing him to do the Authentic video).

It's almost as if even the die-hard Gibson fans and buyers are saying it's now too much.... which was never the case under HJ...

JTM45

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ahh give it some time, he’ll get it sorted out.

It took him a while to turn Levi’s around and I’d suspect it’s going to be the same thing here, some trial and error, and stumbles and success

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
I'm not convinced the new management know what the fuck they're doing. Guitars are not blue jeans, and the MBA schools are flat wrong when they teach that "products is products." The outsourcing to Echo Park suggests cluelessness- if Gibson wants to be a 'prestige brand,' and put its reputatiion for poor build quality behind it, why select one out of literally hundreds of small shops which has a reputation for lousy build quality?

Has Gibson done anything since the turnover to address quality control? Bad worker morale = high employee turnover = poor QC? Have they done anything to analyze why, aside from an ancient brand name, Gibson can continue to charge goldplated prices?

Last edited: