Gibson Deleted YouTube Videos. Mark Agnesi Fired?

Malikon

RIP Atomic Punk
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I emailed them about possibly getting a few free Gibson decals, so that I could put them on my gibson hsc. They said "Nope! Sorry, We don't give out free stuff", then referred me to some link for their site.

They were selling them for around $10. I go on Ebay to see what they have & I find similar stickers(shipped)for less than $6. It was funny, wasn't asking them for free gear, or clothing, etc. Just a couple of stickers to put on my Gibson HSC.

Not too many companies give out free stuff, or want to pay for shipping free stuff.

LPJNoob

Reaction score
Not too many companies give out free stuff, or want to pay for shipping free stuff.
Especially, Nearly bankrupt ones with shitty PR/poor customer image like Gibson.

(I actually offered to pay shipping, but they said "nope, sorry". Can't imagine why they have such poor public perception).

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Free stickers?

Ya... I don't get that.
Stickers are advertising a product.
Products aimed at the outdoors/motorsports market come with stickers, and the companies hand the stickers out like candy.

Music biz? Nope... you're going to pay us AND give us free advertising :facepalm:

But ya... I do have a Joe B "Always on the Road" license plate frame... but I have 95,000 miles on my 2016 Corolla, so it's fitting ;)

nomadh

Reaction score
They want to have their cake and eat it too... to threaten and bully smaller companies for doing what they themselves have done repeatedly, then when it backfires they pretend it never happened. Had the internet and customer base not exploded in protest, Gibson would have destroyed those smaller builders with their attorneys and it's absolutely disgusting. If there's one thing I won't look past it's bullying an underdog, especially when they are hypocritical.

Gibson is purely brand and marketing company now, IMO. "When you can't innovate, litigate!" could be their corporate motto. They made their bed so they can sleep in it.

I choose to award business to smaller companies and boutique builders and have sold off every Gibson I owned from my 1960 Junior to my 2018 R8 Brazilian and have replaced them with Nik Hubers and Gil Yarons. It was the best move I've ever made. Why I put up with sub par build quality from Gibson for so long is beyond me. It's kind of funny looking back on it now, but not as funny as the PR scramble they've been in ever since.
I have a question here. I can understand hating the new direction of a company and not supporting it with new purchases but selling off previous purchases, even from 2nd hand sources? And on a product so intimate typically to to owner. Was it the association of the name to you? Even on fairly obvious old purchases? Was it as an investment? Thinking as the company crashes the value of your collection will go with it so get out of the market early? Maybe I get attached to things more.

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
So, is Gibson still bankrupt? Has Fender stepped in to take up the slack in sales of over priced, mass produced junk? [assume purple text]

Mike I

Premium Member
Reaction score
I love this Forum!

If I didn't come here, I wouldn't know how many times a week Mark gets fired from Gibson.

Haven't seen him at Norm's lately, so must be more internet truth! :rofl:

Latest Threads