Gibson Deleted YouTube Videos. Mark Agnesi Fired?

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
I miss my three Norlins, and I'm not getting rid of the five '13 to '19 Gibsons I have now.

You makes your choices and you pays your money. That's capitalism and marketing neatly tied up.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
Gibson's "Gibson TV" youtube channel actively blocks every user who says anything critical, or who mentions their entire "Authentic' fiasco. This results in you thinking your comment is there, but only you can see it.
It’s over, move on.

fleahead

Reaction score
National Esquirer says he was. They never lie. Daily Mail also.

Speakerghost

Reaction score
I'm not convinced the new management know what the fuck they're doing. Guitars are not blue jeans, and the MBA schools are flat wrong when they teach that "products is products." The outsourcing to Echo Park suggests cluelessness- if Gibson wants to be a 'prestige brand,' and put its reputatiion for poor build quality behind it, why select one out of literally hundreds of small shops which has a reputation for lousy build quality?

Has Gibson done anything since the turnover to address quality control? Bad worker morale = high employee turnover = poor QC? Have they done anything to analyze why, aside from an ancient brand name, Gibson can continue to charge goldplated prices?
I’m on my 3rd 2019 60s standard. Ordering from zzounds. This 3rd one asked for a personal inspection before sending to me. Came with a cracked headstock. Bad fret work. The list goes on... it’s just, really bad. Gibson stopped responding to me... told me it was “a rare Coincidence”

Olds442

Reaction score
I’m on my 3rd 2019 60s standard. Ordering from zzounds. This 3rd one asked for a personal inspection before sending to me. Came with a cracked headstock. Bad fret work. The list goes on... it’s just, really bad. Gibson stopped responding to me... told me it was “a rare Coincidence”
but.

it's authentic.

myoldfriend

Suffers from GAS
Reaction score
Agnesi is in charge of watching a bee in a jar in the basement of the Nashville plant....

It reminds me of that old Simpson episode...
Hope Agnesi doesn't mind listening to the radio at a reasonable volume...

Last edited:

LPJNoob

Reaction score
I said in another thread that Gibson sales were bad (not an opinion, from guitar store owners) so I wouldn't be surprised if they are starting over agajn and trying to improve their joke of a public image.
I emailed them about possibly getting a few free Gibson decals, so that I could put them on my gibson hsc. They said "Nope! Sorry, We don't give out free stuff", then referred me to some link for their site.

They were selling them for around $10. I go on Ebay to see what they have & I find similar stickers(shipped)for less than $6. It was funny, wasn't asking them for free gear, or clothing, etc. Just a couple of stickers to put on my Gibson HSC.

LPJNoob

Reaction score
I miss my three Norlins, and I'm not getting rid of the five '13 to '19 Gibsons I have now.

You makes your choices and you pays your money. That's capitalism and marketing neatly tied up.

Yous certainlys dos.

Latest Threads