Gibson Custom Shop 1958 R8 Les Paul Historic Reissue 2011 Aged / Relic Tobacco

CzarIvan

Reaction score
Kind of sad to be doing this and i'll probably kick myself later, but i've got my eye on something and need to raise some funds. I know many of you don't like "relic" guitars, but trust me when I say that this plays and feels like a proper vintage LP.

This amazing guitar started its life as a “plain” jane 2011 Gibson R8 historic reissue. In 2014 it was professionally refinished to a gorgeous, aged tobacco using all period correct dyes and non-plasticized nitro. The refinish really brought out the peek-a-boo flame top and wood grain. As if the finish wasn’t enough, she also got a fantastic set of Jason Lollar Imperial Humbuckers with a coil tap push/pull on the neck pickup for added sonic versatility. The icing on the cake is period correct plastics upgrades, strap locks and new (aged) kluson tuning machines.

The guitar with super thin, non-plasticized nitro is already prone to quick break-in and natural aging, but then she hit the road with a professional Nashville musician and hundreds of shows all around the world later… you have what you see here. You can’t make this kind of Mojo in a lab... All the checking is true cold weather checking… no compressed air cans or razors. TONS of natural aging, but rest assured, no breaks/repairs. **Note: The finish over the serial number was not removed, hence why you can see that the original factory finish is sticking up proud over the super thin new finish. Did my best to take pics of the finish, but it's especially hard to see in the pics on the back because of the grain, but its COVERED...

Guitar weighs a very comfortable 9lbs 0.7oz (9.04lbs). The neck is full, but not clunky, 0.90” @ 1st, 0.97” @12th. She plays great and sounds fantastic. Set up with 10-48 strings with low action. Neck is straight, frets have some light wear, but the guitar doesn’t have any dead spots. Intonation is spot on. Includes original Gibson custom case and COA.

She’s easily a doppelganger for the famous Slash / Joe Perry ’59 Burst... have a look for yourself.

$5500 + Shipping. Please DM me with questions including payment methods.

CzarIvan

Reaction score
Hey All! Thank you for your interest. Please DM me with your questions and offers. and for those asking about trades, i do have my eye on something that i'm raising funds for, but ya never know... try me. I do know i don't need amps or acoustics or semi-hollows :) I'd be looking more for partial trades but i am also interested in getting back into a '57BB.

bluesoul

Reaction score
I normally don't care for the relic treatment on les Pauls, but that one is killer! I love Tobacco burst!

Last edited:

bluesoul

Reaction score
7690A97D-1EBB-4E4A-96DE-888B0E30EB13.jpeg

Trade bait!

CzarIvan

Reaction score
Happy #gibsunday everyone! She's still here. keep your questions and offers a comin.

CzarIvan

Reaction score
everyone who has flipped the pages of the Beauty of the Burst knows that all the pics are a bit more orange than they should be, but you get the idea :) Happy Monday!

Latest Threads