cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Seems like "Harley" mentality.

Torshalla

Reaction score
I really would not spend that money on a case... even for my aged and signed Perry. I think the main case is enough if being careful.
And if i needed to fly with it (which i do nor see happening) i would buy a flight case such as SKB... for a quarter of the price. Or ship it in a carton box with bubble wrap all over :)

jamhandy

Reaction score
An Anvil brand ATA flight case would be a much better way to go for $500 if you just had to be paranoid about over-priced stupid-priced guitar.

Back in the 70s (not sure about today) it was called a "flight case" because you could take it on an airplane and the contents were guaranteed even if you dropped the case OUT OF the airplane.

For $329.99 I'd trust a Gator Tour Series to protect most anything

Even if I was a millionaire I would not buy a fugly case like that from Calton. I think the designer of this case was the same guy who invented the Pet Rock idea years ago... he must have invested his Pet Rock money into designing a stupidly priced guitar case

Plus, I am very curious to see what the "neck guide suspenders" look like, maybe this is why the case is so expensive... not exactly Jed Clampett's suspenders must be... not sure how you use those kind of suspenders, do they keep your pants pulled up instead of letting them drop the crotch to your knee level so people can see your funky boxers? I knew there must be some kind of fix for that... but what if you don't sing rap, do you still need the suspenders?

------------------------------

FEATURES:

• Neck guide suspenders headstock in case

------------------------------

Of course in "Joe Versus the Volcano" the luggage he bought was what saved them in the end... hahaha

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nahh...

These cases are actually good products <ducking>
Realize you're joking, mostly.

I actually meant the "Lifestyle" concept Harley pushed, And to be a lifestyle means a lot of other crap for the 'lifestyle' clothes, accoutrements, etc. etc. And to fit with the theme, it needs to be perceived as 'luxury'. And one way to get that perception is to make it overpriced, boo teek.

A case that expensive better be certified to protect my guitar from a 500 ft drop, submerged in 100s foot of water, or mud, etc.

Latest Threads