Gibson blueshawk

MrWrong

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
$500 is a great price. I have a Blueshawk and it has a a variety of excellent tones: I usually play mine through a tweed Blues Jr amp.

[/IMG]

corn_bread

Reaction score
well it sounded awsone, very different that any other gibson. the marshall sounds great it is a jcm 800 with 1965 cabs with greenbacks in it. it is a very cool amp.

the blueshawk also sounds awsome through my 5150 combo. i think it is fast becoming my main guitar.

corn_bread

Reaction score
well it sounded awsone, very different that any other gibson. the marshall sounds great it is a jcm 800 with 1965 cabs with greenbacks in it. it is a very cool amp.

the blueshawk also sounds awsome through my 5150 combo. i think it is fast becoming my main guitar.

muddywinter

Reaction score
Theres a nighthawk for sale on craigslist right now for 650.00 it's black looks nice.Located in ensfield connecticut I believe

lilkuku

Reaction score
Hello,
new here and was going to wait to post, but I have a chance to get a black BluesHawk as well. Doesn't come with a good case and it's for $575. I've gone through alot of Epi's and only one actual Gibson LP Studio which I didn't like much. My main guitar is a CP Thornton Fusion which I thought would be the only guitar I'd ever need. The G.A.S is killing me though. I have to have a Gibson for some reason. I thought about the SG which I've always loved the neck on, but don't want the faded series which is about all I can afford. Most say the BluesHawk won't sound like an LP, but does it get close? I love good clean tone then engage the OD. I can't really play the guitar as we'll both be driving 1 1/2 to meet. I've been holding off and was going to wait until I saw the this thread, then I started gassing for it again. I've been seeing some good SG's out there, but I tell ya with all the different models within models, is like trying to learn tax codes. I'm having a hard time figuring what a good price is for one. It seems the BluesHawk is priced right, but was hoping to get some ideas from here.

Thanks

Patrick

corn_bread

Reaction score
well it is not a les paul sound. the p90's blues have their own sound. it will get thick and raunchy and sounds great doing it but still not that over the top heavyness a less paul brings.

to me it is a wonderful full sound. it can get thin and very bright or it can be thick and full. it is truly a different animal.

playing clean it is full and rich and very warm in some settings and can be thin and harsh on others. it is a learning experience finding all the tones it can do but i have found so many already that keep me from having to change guitars and letting me keep the one i am already using and keep the set flowing.

i say try one out and see if it is for you. if you go here you can hear clips of it in different styles. listen here

circusboy28

Reaction score
Nice score Truetone - aren't they just great?

Just one thing - that case looks like a normal TKL LP type case, a little wide and deep to hold the 'hawk securely. The guitar doesn't sit properly in those cases. If you drop the case there could be a disaster. Only the original Gibson cases fit properly.

My solution - because I bought a Gator LP case for mine - was to buy some sheepskin at the market and then I cut it to shape and fitted it into the bottom of the case. Bingo! It lifts the butt of the guitar up so that it sits squarely on the neck support in the case. It's now much more secure.

But back to your guitar = awesome man.

And for any Aussies out there that need a Blueshawk: there's a cherry one up on ebay at the moment for $1200 with no bids and 2 days left. IIRC I paid $1500 for mine last year so it's a good deal I reckon.

truetone6

Reaction score
Nice score Truetone - aren't they just great?

Just one thing - that case looks like a normal TKL LP type case, a little wide and deep to hold the 'hawk securely. The guitar doesn't sit properly in those cases. If you drop the case there could be a disaster. Only the original Gibson cases fit properly.

My solution - because I bought a Gator LP case for mine - was to buy some sheepskin at the market and then I cut it to shape and fitted it into the bottom of the case. Bingo! It lifts the butt of the guitar up so that it sits squarely on the neck support in the case. It's now much more secure.

But back to your guitar = awesome man.

And for any Aussies out there that need a Blueshawk: there's a cherry one up on ebay at the moment for $1200 with no bids and 2 days left. IIRC I paid $1500 for mine last year so it's a good deal I reckon.
Thanks for the post!Actually,the case is a TKL SG case.It fits my Blueshawk perfectly.

truetone6

Reaction score
i have a chance to buy a 98 blueshawk. i have not yet had the chance to play it. just curious on any impressions of this guitar. i have heard him play it live and it sounds great through the marshall 800 head and cab he uses.

what has thrown me off is that i hear him play some metal all the way down to classic old hank williams with it and it sounds great. what is the deal with this guitar and is 500.00 a good price for it?

i have done a search on here but nothing really has had any information.

so if you own one or have played one chime in. i will get to play it later this week when he gets back from a show but just wanting to know what to expect. he is selling me his black one. he also has a red one that he is keeping but selling the black one to fund a late 70's les paul.

he says the case it comes with is a brown gibson case with pink lining with a fold over protector for the top of the guitar? is this a real gibson case? i have only seen black cases and with black or white linings.

thanks again in advance for any information
Here is some good info about The Blueshawk

truetone6

Reaction score
Didn't realize how small this guitar was till I put it next to my Les Paul.

circusboy28

Reaction score
It's deceptive - while the body is smaller the neck scale is actually longer - Fender scale 25.5". Not even considering the sounds, the 'hawk always feels completely different to my Gibsons.

Latest Threads