Gibson '50-'60 serial number stamps

Karl Eckert

Reaction score
Hey. I sell the rubber strap strap for printing serial numbers on repair or refinish headstock. Font numbers corresponds exactly to the period of 1950-1960 years. Set includes two rubber strips digits (1234567890.1234567890) Cost $ 30 including shipping. I Agree Peypal.

AC3

Reaction score
I would like to purchase a set can you message me.

skydog

Reaction score
Sorry dude, I don't like the fact that you're selling tools to purposely fake the guitars we love and mis-lead the buying public. Moderators should yank this thread - immediately!
Who is making replicas so close to originals, that a serial number stamp is the critical factor?

Alex Dovnar

Reaction score
Hi guys. Now I'm in Italy. I can send stamps on April 3rd. The cost one set of two stripes with numbers 42$. I take PayPal. PM me.

Karl Eckert

Reaction score
Hi guys. Now I'm in Italy. I can send stamps on April 3rd. The cost one set of two stripes with numbers 42$. I take PayPal. PM me.
The forum doesn't seem to allow me to reply pm as I don't have any likes etc... First forum I have joined. I might be missing something here?

bblooz

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Who is making replicas so close to originals, that a serial number stamp is the critical factor?
I respectfully retract my previous statement. I realize that You will need these occasionally when restoring an old Gibson, so I'll butt out for now and apologize if I ruffled any feathers. Heck, even in my old age, I can admit I'm wrong, and still learn from the experience!

tay

Reaction score
I would love to purchase a set. I think I have too few posts to DM so if you could message me that would be wonderful.

nzSkitzo

Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution for when the serial number is CSXXXXX? anyone found matching letters?

Joe Burstman

Reaction score

Hi! Two strips of numbers needed in order to be able to compile the different serial numbers. For example where two identical digits is found. such as a 9 or 0 0466 0667 or 1100. 9 interalphabetic distance on strips such as the need for a stamp. To create the desired number, you need the blade to cut the numbers in the middle between the figures. Then make number the markup hard smooth surface. I use for that piece of Plexiglas. On the reverse side of the strip is glued double sided tape.
Hi Alex how can I initate an order for these stamps
Joe

Alex Dovnar

Reaction score
Hi. Next week I will make the next batch of silkscreen frames and stamps. I'll let you know.