Gibson '50-'60 serial number stamps

Alex Dovnar

Reaction score
Hey. I sell the rubber strap strap for printing serial numbers on repair or refinish headstock. Font numbers corresponds exactly to the period of 1950-1960. Set includes two rubber strips digits (1234567890.1234567890) Cost $ 45 including shipping. I Agree Paypal.

Last edited:

Blue Blood

Reaction score
Hey. I sell the rubber strap strap for printing serial numbers on replicas of guitars. Font numbers corresponds exactly to the period of 1950-1960 years. Set includes two rubber strips digits (1234567890.1234567890) Cost $ 30 including shipping. I Agree Peypal.

PM sent

bblooz

Reaction score
Sorry dude, I don't like the fact that you're selling tools to purposely fake the guitars we love and mis-lead the buying public. Moderators should yank this thread - immediately!

Jimmi

Reaction score
Ummm...these could also be used for guitar restoration or historic makovers.

OP, pm me, i may know someone who could use these.

Brewdude

Reaction score
Sorry dude, I don't like the fact that you're selling tools to purposely fake the guitars we love and mis-lead the buying public. Moderators should yank this thread - immediately!
Meh, just my opinion of course, but these are pretty low on the list of things to complain about that are used to create replicas for profit. Gibson MOP inlays, the open book headstock, etc. and much more crucial than a rubber stamp, in my opinion of course....

Theres a pretty big thread about stamp sets over in the Luthiers Corner that has a lot of good discussion.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80282

Alex Dovnar

Reaction score
Жыве Беларусь!:)

decoy205

Reaction score
People can use stamps for restorations or refins on historics. There was a huge market for these types of stamps here a while back but they were in limited supply. No need to bash the OP if it's legit repair tool.

reedy

Reaction score
Please remember etiquette on the classifieds. If you don't like someone's for sale thread keep it too yourself. There is nothing implied in the OPs ad that would suggest that these stamps are to be used for anything underhanded. And as others have said there are other uses. I'm sure if the mods have an issue they would have done something about it.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why is having a correct serial number any different than having correctly colored butyrate pickup rings with the proper logo and part number stamping on the underside? Ok, that part can come off. Maybe that's the difference?

How about a refinish, then? People have their Gibsons refinished all the time here. Is a proper color/material finish to be considered "creating a fake" and finishers called fraudulent?

Maybe an owner would like to keep their serial number in tact, when they do refinish?

Just food for thought.

EDIT: Ya, what reedy said. Beat me to the post button.

Bluplirst

Reaction score
Jesus, are all these guys complaining in the for sale threads for all the aged hardware, plastics, pickups, braz fingerboard blanks, aged tuners, even exact "replicas" etc? The number stamps are where they draw the line? Lol

atj

Reaction score
I will take one. Send me a PM