Gibson 2016 Flying V Pro HP

JodanOrNoDan

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these? I always said no way but I am seriously considering it right now. My wife says no, but then she told me she would marry me either and she wasn't right about that either.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
420558000000000-00-120x120.jpg

Why not?
They're not that expensive.

ashbass

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Too much for me esp with the blems.
I got my Vs off of ebay and reverb. Generally less than a grand each.

wmachine

Reaction score
First of all, the OP did not say he was considering buying one from MF. Second, the MF site does not have specs, so here they are:
http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/USA/Flying-V/High-Performance.aspx
Third, please show me where the HP version can be bought "on good days" for $700. Don't think it would be easy to find one anyway, and more tough for $700.

For the OP, that all said, I don't see anything about the 2016 HP that would make me want it over the traditional (T) version, in fact I'd prefer the T. But that's me.
Note the HP comes with a hard case, T comes with a gig bag.

Last edited:

splatter

Reaction score
They first came out with the V and Explorer "pro" model a few years back . I want to say maybe around 2012. I sold a gun to buy the explorer. Then I went to GC to buy one and it was a Major POS . Needless to say I didn't buy it .
That doesn't mean they all are but that was my experience with the gibson "pro" line

JodanOrNoDan

Reaction score
I couldn't actually find one of these to play so I killed the GAS by getting a PRS. Hopefully the ding to my wallet will keep me from GASing for awhile.

wmachine

Reaction score
I couldn't actually find one of these to play so I killed the GAS by getting a PRS. Hopefully the ding to my wallet will keep me from GASing for awhile.

GAS facto #7: GAS is impervious to wallet dings.
GAS facto #8: Unless you can print money (quickly at that), GAS regenerates way faster than your wallet.

Colnago1

Reaction score
First of all, the OP did not say he was considering buying one from MF. Second, the MF site does not have specs, so here they are:
http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/USA/Flying-V/High-Performance.aspx
Third, please show me where the HP version can be bought "on good days" for $700. Don't think it would be easy to find one anyway, and more tough for $700.

For the OP, that all said, I don't see anything about the 2016 HP that would make me want it over the traditional (T) version, in fact I'd prefer the T. But that's me.
Note the HP comes with a hard case, T comes with a gig bag.
I guess I lucked out with mine. Therefore it was a good day. Lol.

Latest Threads