Gibson 1997 "sweet cherry" 1958 Les Paul custom shop reissue

douglennon

Reaction score
Selling one of my collection, the rare "Sweet Cherry"!

Limited run back in '97, great condition.
There are some kind of tonal magic on the '97 R8 (I have two),
They both sound big, wide and resonate for DAYS!

Weight 9.0 lbs with Faber Al tailpiece (the original Zinc one is included)
Typical R8 neck with 0.9"-1" from the 1st to 12t fret
Replaced with Burstbucker#1 and #2 pickups (I don't have the original '57 classic anymore)
Has been refretted with Jescar 57110, super easy to play and bend, also no nibs to bother you anymore!

One dent near the strap bottom which shows in the picture, overall she is CLEAN.
Comes with all the papers and OHSC.

Asking $3150 shipped CONUS and PP friend. No trade.
Local SD pickup is welcome.

QOoVTzv.jpg

More pics in
https://imgur.com/a/9YNANVG

Last edited:

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! Love those late 90's historics. Pretty sure that came with '57 Classic pickups. I don't think burstbuckers were around yet but I did have a '97 Oxblood that had prototype burstbuckers in it. They were black open coils(like most oxbloods), but had small stickers on them with the old Custom Art and Historic logo.

Regardless, that's a sweet one, glwts!

douglennon

Reaction score
Beautiful! Love those late 90's historics. Pretty sure that came with '57 Classic pickups. I don't think burstbuckers were around yet but I did have a '97 Oxblood that had prototype burstbuckers in it. They were black open coils(like most oxbloods), but had small stickers on them with the old Custom Art and Historic logo.

Regardless, that's a sweet one, glwts!
Thanks and you are absolutely right, I replaced the pickups with Burstbuckers but I don't have the original '57 anymore. Have update info in the post.

Latest Threads