Gibson 1959 Jäger Makeover

guitarnut_germany

Reaction score
I'm not sure if Florian uses this method but others do. They try to elliminate the gap between body and neck by doing so to have as little as possible amount of glue to be used which could dampen the vibration (to their philosophy, not mine, I don't know if it's true or not)

Yes he does use this method as well, and I personally don't like it.... or I don't have a clue... but I mean, spending a fortune on a guitar where you have to fill in a gap in the neck pocket with extra wood.... kind of doesn't sound very convincing to me

slashrix

Reaction score
Hey guys,

first - thank you very much! very kind from you!

second - the neck was set in that r9 very lausy. there was more than 3-4mm half filled by glue and half by air. So we talked about a reset and now its a tight contact.

the one option is to build a new neck and the second is to double it up with honduras. A new neck is really expensive and don't makes a big difference to the other option so i choose the second one.

Backstage

Reaction score
Yes, right, to my knowledge he's doing that to fill up, resp. replace any flexible glue.

[edit]
Oops, everyone was faster :).

cschock

Reaction score
Looks stunning, even I would have insited on unburst Lines under the Pickguard, the Chip and the Pointers...

Keep on rockin this Beauty!

Latest Threads