Gibson 1959 Jäger Makeover

slashrix

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

here is my new 1959 Makeover made by Florian Jäger. Its the BM 2-3 add-on done to a 2001 R9. Include in the BM2-3 is:

- new shapings
- nitro laquer
- inlays
- neck reset
- fingerboard
- nut
- truss rod
- aging

all close to the originals and really authentic...

and those Parts are installed:

Tuners/Tips - 59 Grover PAT Pend

Switch Ring (aka.. Poker Chip) - DMC Parts

Switch Tip - DMC Parts

Switch Nut - original 60s

Pickup Rings - DMC Parts

Pickups (and Covers) Neck: 62-63 PATno double black 7,23kohm and Bridge 61-62 PATno Zebra 7,94kohm - both late PAFs specs and sound!

Pickguard - no

Pickguard Bracket - no

Bridge (posts, and thumbwheels) - original 62 wire - late 50s

Tailpiece - original late 50

Tailpiece Studs - late 50s

Knobs - DMC Parts aged

Pointers (knob) - original late 50s

Jackplate - DMC Parts

Pots - original late 50s early 60s

Caps - original bumble bees

Backplates - stock

and now the Pictures:

Gibson 1959 Burst pictures by vertride - Photobucket

Bild1.jpg

Bild9.jpg

Bild7.jpg

Bild6.jpg

Bild5.jpg

Bild4.jpg

Bild2.jpg

This guitar looks sound and feels like an old one. Florian made a really nice job. The sound is amazing and is close to my idea of a burst sound. All tone important Parts are from the late 50s or early 60s and the plastic from DMC.

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
Why would you reset the neck?

I was wondering the same thing. Just curious. Was it to reduce the angle so the bridge and tailpiece wouldn't be so high? Just so it's more accurate (I wasn't aware R9s were any different, but I don't know much about historics)?
I'm not criticizing or anything, I'm just curious.
Thanks,
Kzuu

__HM__

Reaction score
Beautiful! Now get it the HELL off that gravel! :thumb:

Sharky

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Just curious. Was it to reduce the angle so the bridge and tailpiece wouldn't be so high? Just so it's more accurate (I wasn't aware R9s were any different, but I don't know much about historics)?
I'm not criticizing or anything, I'm just curious.
Thanks,
Kzuu

i think that he will reset it in the same angle again but using hot hide glue and double up some material to achieve more accuracy. But that's a guessing only, no knowledge

tuco

Reaction score
Truly awesome. I'm been considering using him for a project so I may have to pick your brain a bit.

Louie

Reaction score
Beautiful!
I own a Jäger makeover myself, a 2001 R8 to be precise. Florian is THE MAN!

guitarnut_germany

Reaction score
i think that he will reset it in the same angle again but using hot hide glue and double up some material to achieve more accuracy. But that's a guessing only, no knowledge

this "doubling up" with extra wood pieces to fill up the neck pocket is what makes me a bit suspicious of the whole project, don't know if this was done here as well...

but I wouldn't consider anything more than a refret or a refinish on my guitars anyway

Sharky

Reaction score
this "doubling up" with extra wood pieces to fill up the neck pocket is what makes me a bit suspicious of the whole project, don't know if this was done here as well...

I'm not sure if Florian uses this method but others do. They try to elliminate the gap between body and neck by doing so to have as little as possible amount of glue to be used which could dampen the vibration (to their philosophy, not mine, I don't know if it's true or not)

Latest Threads