Gibson ‘running out of time — rapidly’

zeronalo

Reaction score
I've played Korean women - incredibly hot, lots of fun but will kill you in your sleep over not doing the dishes or turning your socks right side out before tossing into the hamper. Choose wisely.

LOL

Freddy

Benjammin

Reaction score
So is this a good time to buy a Gibson, or should I wait and see how this plays out? My local store has a couple of 2017 SGs for a good price. Apart from the light colored fretboard, they're both quite nice

Benjammin

Reaction score
The tariff deal exempts Canada, so no trade war between Canada-US.....yet.
Its not tariffs I'm worried about, it's Gibson. Might be my last chance to own a new one :Ohno: then again, with new owners, the future models might be even better (though I guess I could always trade it in at that point)

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
Toys "R" Us's problems have nothing to do with its ability to sell toys.
I'm not a financial wizard by any stretch, I really have no idea what all besides toys they sell or what umbrella they are a part of. If there aren't any similarities between what's happening to them and what is facing Gibson, colour me mistaken.

ToneasaurusRex

Reaction score
I'm not a financial wizard by any stretch, I really have no idea what all besides toys they sell or what umbrella they are a part of. If there aren't any similarities between what's happening to them and what is facing Gibson, colour me mistaken.
Sent you a PM 'cause I didn't want to derail the thread (although it really did go off the tracks a while ago). Ha ha

Phil W

Reaction score
I've known one person in the past 20 years personally who bought a stereo.
I would think the stereo business is not a lucrative business these days. Better luck selling phonographs to hipsters.
You clearly now nothing about home-cinema then. Amplifiers these days have 2 to 3 hundred watts of 11+ channel sound and extremely powerful computers to decode high end audio codecs and UHD (often called 4K) video. They sell in vast quantities ... and yes, they can run in stereo.

Caleb

Reaction score
You clearly now nothing about home-cinema then. Amplifiers these days have 2 to 3 hundred watts of 11+ channel sound and extremely powerful computers to decode high end audio codecs and UHD (often called 4K) video. They sell in vast quantities ... and yes, they can run in stereo.
Well, me neither. I haven't bought, or thought about buying, a stereo in forever. I didn't know it was still a big market.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Seems like Toy's 'r Us is going down the tubes hard in the U.S. Hell if you can't even sell toys for children i have to wonder what you can sell.

The toy business (brick and mortar) is going down the pan. Kids these days want tech stuff, computers, phones,ipads and what not. Parents are getting them. Watch and see all the other big stores who normally carry toys downsize big time very soon.
You will have to buy online to get the normal stuff.

wildhawk1

Reaction score
NHD,

No sir, the reason smaller stores don't stock Gibson or Epi is the rather high "minimum buy in for inventory" that Gibson now demands.
Buy in isn't the problem. Price is.

They'd all buy in if they'd sell and not tie up money collecting dust.

The sweet spot for small dealers is closer to $400 than $1000.

A friend of mine fits the ma & pa dealer category.

The odds of someone walking in and dropping $1000+ on any given week are extremely low.

He has no interest in having a wall of expensive guitars for people to kill their afternoon on at his expense.

That category now belongs to the online retailers and big box stores.