Getting your first "Like".

Cookie-boy

Reaction score
I know he has his critics (which worthy artist doesn't?) but please allow me to quote the Fezz.........

Originally Posted by Tim Fezziwig - "Mob? members come and go. SUPERSTARS do not make a forum, it is the ham+eggers who make it. Grinding away,day after day,seeing NO LIKES and trudging on, I'm wiping tears as I type this. The sad life of a mid-carder."

Beautiful prose and SO accurate. Who are they these mid-carders, the lurkers, the John Doe's of the MLP's?

The unseen silent majority, the ham+egger who wakes one morning, stumbles down the stairs, takes a leak, flicks on the kettle and signs into the MLP's as he has day in and day out for months maybe years.
Sleepy dust is falling like crumbs from his pale cheeks as he allows himself a wistful glance at the top right hand corner of the screen where the "Likes", the Golden Globes of MLP world are awarded and where a big fat ZERO like the cruelest permanent birthmark has resided since he was a young newb. He HAS to look as he has looked so many times before for what? Recognition? Appreciation? A numerical pat on the back, a high five to say he was one of the boys.......but soft! What saucery is this????? A "1" has replaced the zero!!! Can it be?????? With trembling hands he clicks on it and is immediately transported to another place, a wonderous place of "Likes"! And here he discovers that a simple throwaway remark about ageing Epiphone toggle switches has been "liked" by Knobzie367!!

Oh, joy!!!! His soul, like a lark ascending is carried to the heavens! He runs from the house and crosses the lawn, the wet dew annointing his pinkies, tallywhacker swinging inside his cotton pyjamas his arms outstretched like Julie Andrews in "The Sound of Music"....."The hills are alive, with the sound of music...."

Never was the sky so blue, never was the birdsong so sweet never was the apple blossom so riotously.......blossomy!!

"Knobzie!! Knobzieeeeeeee!!! I love youuuuuu!!!!!" he cries!

And returns. A Superstar of the MLP's!:thumb:

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
YES! Cookie,expanding on a theme. Clubs especially BOY'S clubs are ALL about stats. Look at me, I'm THE KING.

Some see that statement and laugh,others get bent,

"Your no KING!"

MLP is ego city.So many ways to fail. Get too HOT, the masses oil the pitchforks.

I enjoy not getting likes. I know many read my CRAP and think,

"He gets no likeeee, he does not kiss my ring."

Likes serve many purposes. Non-likes serve more. That means I own another's mind. SCREW TIM, is FAR better than a like. I "study" these boards/boreds. I see the INVISIBLE cliques. Toadies cannot control their clicks. I often wonder how many times a petty member actually enjoys an "enemies" post but withholds their LOVE....

NO LIKES FOR BLUESKY ....EVER!

Sorry Blue,,,,,,,,

The funniest thing I hear is

ATTENTION WHORE!

What? Did I join a forum to lay low? Do BIG BAD guitarists scare me? The answer is NO! I did not become a PRO RASSLER to hide behind my bangs,,,,,,

Ham +eggers get MEAN! Kick some dirt in "made" faces. You can do it. You will get LIKES,,,,if you are really good you will get a RED FLAG

"Ham +egger you are BANNED.......you broke THE CODE!"

You will feel VERY special. Then roll over your man/woman and" go to town." You have arrived!

Muttering Bill

Reaction score
Like are cheap. I barely post and have a stack of them. Does anybody know or care besides me?

Now Thanks, otoh, those are a better status symbol. They are prominently displayed for all to see. If you're going to obsess about something, at least make it something other people will notice. Can't act superior over likes when nobody even know how many you've got.

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
I closely monitor everyone's likes and treat them accordingly.
I am kidding, but great thread, Cookie and great post, Fezz.

Cookie-boy

Reaction score
Like are cheap. I barely post and have a stack of them. Does anybody know or care besides me?

Now Thanks, otoh, those are a better status symbol. They are prominently displayed for all to see. If you're going to obsess about something, at least make it something other people will notice. Can't act superior over likes when nobody even know how many you've got.

I'm sorry but "Thanks" are like an industry award in the washing machine business. Meaningless. "Likes" = Power!!!:thumb:

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The United Nations should establish an Exchange for "Likes", as they propose for "Carbon Credits". It would make the world a better place. It would enrich our lives. Why, every morning we'd awake to blue skies, fluffy white clouds, kittens, and unicorns.

Not only would my "Likes" make me smile each morning, but I'd then be able to broker them into a retirement.

cmh6122

Reaction score
According to my mini stats I have given 36,580 likes, and posted 2439 times (well 2440 with this one).
Wonder what that means?

Blues4U

Reaction score
I know one thing, fvckin' Cookie isn't going to trick me into giving him Gratuitous Likes"

It isn't happening--

And old man, you have the Like/Thanks level of importance bassackwards-

Like = Day Time Emmy for best documentary about picking corn from Shite-

Thanks = Oscar for best actor----

Blues4U

Reaction score
I just looked-

I have 16,248 likes received and 24,510 given-- WTH? I spend too much time here- I need a hiatus -

13, 489 total post since 2-17-2008- I really need a vacation.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I have 34,500 and gave 54,700. Why so many? I'm a GREAT writer. I look more at my "reads." That is important to me. I used to pound the streets handing out zines. I got 10 fan letters. I handed out thousands. Now I just open the head and spew. I get TONS of HEAT/LOVE. ART without an audience gets old. I enjoy the HATE more? I'm damaged. I learned if everybody enjoys your ART you are a failure. I like making the blood rise. I'm weak.

Blues4U

Reaction score
I have 34,500 and gave 54,700. Why so many? I'm a GREAT writer. I look more at my "reads." That is important to me. I used to pound the streets handing out zines. I got 10 fan letters. I handed out thousands. Now I just open the head and spew. I get TONS of HEAT/LOVE. ART without an audience gets old. I enjoy the HATE more? I'm damaged. I learned if everybody enjoys your ART you are a failure. I like making the blood rise. I'm weak.

I would give you a like, but I am no longer participating in that experiment.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
LIKE LIKE LIKE! Here guys eat this chocolate, you don't want it because I told you too? MMMMMmmmmmChocolate goooooodddd.....LIKE CHOCOLATE!

Latest Threads