Getting a weird "mlp is checking your browser" screen

jbash

Reaction score
Using chrome on laptop at home..says it will move on to MLP in 5 seconds..doesn't.

Haven't seen it yet using Chrome on my phone.

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Making sure you're not a bot

jbash

Reaction score
Well, it seems to think I'm a bot every couple of of clicks on the website It's never happened before, and it doesn't resolve on it's own. I have to come back 10 minutes later.

I just came in on EDGE to post this screenshot.

Screenshot 2022-04-29 085250.png
Screenshot 2022-04-29 085250.png

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a smarter person than me will show up....good luck

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could simply be a burp in the connection between you Cloudlfare and MLP.... There was a delay and you actually saw the check.. Cloudfare is protecting the Mule from denial attacks on the website so it is between you and the Mule.

It could be a momentary burp in the path somewhere or Cloudfare was hit by a lot of requests simultaneously....

Bear in mind, between you and ANY website, there are ALWAYS several hops and could be over a dozen hops... A hop is a router out there on the internet directing traffic.... Think of hops as intersections where a GPS (router) says turn here, etc. and eventually gets you to your destination...

Open a cmd window on your machine and type in: tracert www.mylespaul.com and hit enter. What you will see line by line is every node your data goes through to get to the Mule and return (same path)..... ANY burp anywhere along the path can cause a delay that steamrolls...

If there is a burp anywhere in between routers, there are delays....just like a fender bender on an interstate.... or some hick granny in the checkout line in front of you counting out pennies for a tin of snuff..... or 'backhoe hell" which involves a Buford on a backhoe and some buried glass or metal cable... or lightning triggered a reboot of a router or two in the path.... They can be worked around....BUT.....Just a touch of delay affects more than is apparent...

It could also be something added to your browser that attracted its attention for some reason....

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could also be something added to your browser that attracted its attention for some reason....
That's what I'm thinking cause some of our dearest members that post here are bots

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never seen that on Firefox, but every now and then, if I open a thread and then hit "back" very quickly, FF will download an HTML file into the DL folder.
Next time I get one, I'll open it in a text editor and see what it is. I just delete them usually, but it doesn't happen often.

Reactions: ehb

efstop

Wattsamatta U graduate
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never seen that on Firefox, but every now and then, if I open a thread and then hit "back" very quickly, FF will download an HTML file into the DL folder.
Next time I get one, I'll open it in a text editor and see what it is. I just delete them usually, but it doesn't happen often.
I get those, too. Only on MLP. I delete them right from the download drop box.

mdubya

Reaction score
Getting the Cloudflare checking browser warning with Chrome/Windows 11. It is an mlp issue. I have zero issue anywhere else on the 'net. It is terminal. I hit that screen and it never resolves or renders.

Posting from Android/Ghostery for this message because I cannot access mlp at all with my laptop Chrome/Windows 11 setup.

@Alex @administrator

mdubya

Reaction score
Getting the Cloudflare checking browser warning with Chrome/Windows 11. It is an mlp issue. I have zero issue anywhere else on the 'net. It is terminal. I hit that screen and it never resolves or renders.

Posting from Android/Ghostery for this message because I cannot access mlp at all with my laptop Chrome/Windows 11 setup.

@Alex @administrator

FWIW - I cleared my cache in Chrome and I am able to post normally again.

I have not been able to post or even give likes since last week, just like @jbash.

jbash

Reaction score
FWIW - I cleared my cache in Chrome and I am able to post normally again.

I have not been able to post or even give likes since last week, just like @jbash.
I did the same. I did have the error on a couple other non guitar related forums I visit. I'm guessing it was either an issue with a forum software update, or a chrome update.

Alex

Administrator
Super Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not an issue here, but I would suggest clearing your browser's cache and try again, like the member above said.

If the problem persists, please email me at alex(at)enthuseddigital.com

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me last year. It went away on it's own but came back for a day or two around the same time this thread was started. Using MS Edge browser.

To bypass, I opened an "in private" window and signed in manually. It worked fine from there.

Latest Threads