Getting a bit anxious about up coming surgery.

ZWILDZR1

Reaction score
I am just a bit worried about my foot surgery on this Tuesday. The Dr. is going to fix my big toe I injured a while ago. I keep re injuring the dam thing as it points downward now. They will remove the cartilage and then straighten using a plate and screws. The Dr. says it won't have an effect on walking. They are going to put me under as it will take about 1.5 -1.75 hours.

I guess I am worried more about how I am going to feel afterwards. I hate pain I really do. Having had quite a few kidney stones I run straight to the Dr. for pain meds as the feeling of a knife in the side isn't very much fun. The Dr. performing the surgery said I can still take the pain meds I am taking for nerve pain from back issues.

I had to get more x rays, an EKG, blood work, and visit my family Dr. for his blessing. The family Dr. said he would advise me not to take my morning pain medication as the three cause drowsiness and he worries about how that may react with what they use to put me under with. I think I will call the Dr. doing the surgery for his opinion. I sure wouldn't want to wake while they are screwing me, I mean putting the screws in.

I won't be driving the Corvettes or any other car as I have this huge thing to protect the foot after surgery. I will be playing guitar like crazy just not keeping time with my right foot for a while. The GF said she will wait on me and keep me content. All I need to do is ask and she will fulfill my wish. Hum maybe I can, oh never mind don't want to get too spoiled. Or do I? :laugh2:

Caleb

Platinum Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Damn. Good luck man, I'm sure everything will be fine.

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
Sounds like a good thing. Just think how much better off you'll be after you heal.

Great things are afoot! :)

kiko

Reaction score
Dont worry too much about it and hope for the best.

Best to make use of that offer from your gf :)

Good luck!

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree on skipping the morning med.
Shouldn't be a need this morning anyway.
Good luck.
Sounds like an annoyance to fix an annoyance.
Hopefully a good investment in your future.

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Good luck! Surgery is the easy part, but you have to be patient with the recovery!

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Just remember to "Walk it off"...oh, wait!:laugh2:

Seriously though. Hope everything goes well.:thumb:

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I doubt it will hurt anything like kidney stones. You'll have some localized swelling and a little post-op pain, but I would suspect you'll feel much better after 4-5 days. So long as it is properly protected, until it fully heals, it shouldn't hurt much after that (i.e. the first 5 days or so).

tzd

Reaction score
Great news it's the toes. You will be a guitar god by the time you are healed.

Kashmir

Reaction score
ZW, I've had foot and toe surgery many times. Surgery on a big toe is nothing. The docs will be done in no time, and when you wake pain is minimal. Stay cool, it's no sweat.

captainbraindamage

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Don't sweat it. I had hernia surgery couple of weeks ago. Got in the operating room and they said 'We're going to give you the good stuff now". Next thing I knew I was back in my room. Piece of cake, all you have to do is just lie there. :laugh2:

penguinchit

Reaction score
I third the no morning medication. Even the night before. The stuff the CRNAs give is plenty for the surgery and they'll keep a good eye on you while you sleep. Pain meds after will be much better than your over the counter stuff. You'll do great!

DRF

Reaction score
So long as you don't wake up with your toe grafted to where you thumb was it'll be fine.

electric head

Just passing thru
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get a good nights sleep and good luck man..

Dont worry about it until the morning..

Then its too late....:)

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good Luck!!

Ask them for a bionic foot. Say "Oscar Goldman sent me". Just like that. :)

Latest Threads