Germany ain't my kinda town.

kevinpaul

Reaction score
Oh Kev, you'll love London, baby! The weather's shit. The food is terrible. Everyone is miserable and will want to kill you. You'll have a blast!
Miserable! I will fit right in. I have been to London in the past and I know what not to eat. They have Budweiser, that sounds funny to the fancy beer people. I drink it for two reasons, first I want it to stay down. Second I drink it to forget. These people do want to kill me is correct, I'm Irish and feel the same way to them. At least they sound polite about the this whole hate thing.

kevinpaul

Reaction score
Have fun Kevinpaul! BUT, stay away from the Haggis whatever you do! :run:
Yes my friend Keith! A bunch of guts packed with toss aways is only fit for the orphans. Thrissle is a bit dry this time of the year.
Lina is tending to the cats. Tia should have arrived on Tuesday after her long stay with her mother.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Oh Kev, you'll love London, baby! The weather's shit. The food is terrible. Everyone is miserable and will want to kill you. You'll have a blast!
They finally got some good food in London. The whole Gastro-pub craze lead to real restaurants, too... I am an old pub kinda guy and love London.

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
When i go to New York city the first thing i hear from the natives is, " you must be from California " like it's another country. I keep New Mexico out of it since they might call immigration on me. :D

I Break Things

Reaction score
I've never been to Germany, but my friends who have been in recent years say that the younger generation of Germans do NOT like Americans. Just out of curiosity, can any Germans or people who have been to Germany recently confirm or disprove that?

I Break Things

Reaction score
When i go to New York city the first thing i hear from the natives is, " you must be from California " like it's another country. I keep New Mexico out of it since they might call immigration on me. :D
Imagine what I get with an Irish/North Florida accent, and I pick up on the accents of whoever I'm speaking to at the time. :laugh2:

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
I've never been to Germany, but my friends who have been in recent years say that the younger generation of Germans do NOT like Americans. Just out of curiosity, can any Germans or people who have been to Germany recently confirm or disprove that?

Has never been my experience, neither growing up there ca. 1970 nor on return visits. That is, provided one doesn't behave like an Ugly American Tourist.

acstorfer

Reaction score
Thanks, mate. Like I said, I've never been so I can't really say. Maybe my friends were making fools of themselves, or maybe it was because they're military or PMC's.
I'd go with making fools of themselves. The people I met in England and Germany went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Well not so much my fiancée's father. I was doing his daughter so that was understandable.

Of course that was 20 years ago so maybe things changed.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Almost beer time! One more rubber chicken to go! A fast lick and a promise speech at Cambridge tomorrow and I his the friendly skies. The big ass engines from GE are wonderful smooth monsters.
I wish my plane had them. A few extra shoves can make a big difference. Three hours before the flight for Customs is ridiculous. Over the years I have sat in my underwear in too many airports to count. Getting a gun past these guys is out of the question. I'm always put back in the insane seats any way. I made a do not drage off plane label, no one even looks at it.
Where at Kevin ? Cambridge University?

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
When posting pics of a supposed foreign country it's nice to see said country and not just a hotel room. A hotel room could be anywhere.

I'll believe it's Germany when I see you in Germany.

No offense but most of your posts are BS and lies.

Latest Threads