German Beer

thatmanphil

Reaction score
When I was in Nuremberg one of the local guys from our office there took me out for a beer and ordered his favorite. Budweiser. The original from Czechoslovakia not the crap from the U.S. That was before the name became an issue between the two brewers.

Exactly right. The Czech Budweiser is fantastic! The American one is like having sex on a boat....
It' ****ing close to water :laugh2:

thatmanphil

Reaction score
We can get Paulaner beers down here and they were available in Colorado too. I've been a big fan of their wheat beer for years. I've read that theirs is the number one selling wheat beer in Germany. Does that mean that it's considered the budweiser of German beers?

Paulaner is widely available in Germany.. And yes, definitely one of the biggest selling wheat beers (that, Franziskaner, or Erdinger) . However, I'd say that Beck's is the Budweiser of Germany. Cheap, no one really likes it, but it's everywhere :rofl:

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
For me it's probably a tie between Weihenstephaner or Ayinger.

thatmanphil

Reaction score
German beer makes your farts really smelly. Must be that Rheinheitsgebot thing.

That's only in combination with the raw fish-and-onion sandwiches you Dutch eat for lunch.

:applause:

But seriously, a beautiful country you have up there

33xecee.jpg

S. Rock

Reaction score
when I was stationed over there in the early 70s, our "local" beer was Dinkelacher. I liked their dark beer the best. we were located just north of Stuttgart in Gross Sachsenheim. it is now known as Sachsenheim.

Caleb

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do enjoy Paulaner as well.