Gender reveal party sparks wildfire ...

steveb63

Reaction score
They should be required to get dicks tattooed on their foreheads, so they can reveal what they are to everyone from here on out.
Let me say this right now.

Brilliant idea!

If only they let us vote on things like that.......

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
Well, I just learned something. Gender Reveal Party is for a baby.

That's better than what was going through my head, which was some kind of Millenial thing about people deciding which of the 72 genders they were.
Don't worry, my wife has been tasked to come up with a Pronoun Policy for her company (not her idea). One of the features of these PP is at the start of a meeting everyone goes around the table and reveals their preferred pronoun.
I'm not making this up.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew what it was, but honestly that was my first thought.
Then I spent the better part of the weekend wondering WTF a smoke bomb would have to do with a gender reveal party... I kept picturing a regular smoke bomb temporarily concealing a picture or plaque while someone removed a cover.
Then I saw a picture of a pink smoke bomb. OK, got it.
Now why up in a fire-prone forest area? Oh... because neighbor Karen will call the city if someone has more than 2 people in their back yard.

So THIS is where it started.....

View attachment 487454
View attachment 487455
It started in Oak Glen?

That's just an hour from me.

It's BAD here. Orange sky. Visibility is now about a quarter-mile.

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
It started in Oak Glen?

That's just an hour from me.

It's BAD here. Orange sky. Visibility is now about a quarter-mile.
Yep... the party was at the park in the picture.
I see picnic benches back by the enclosure, but I'm betting the group was distanced out in the grassy area.
That picture was taken in May of 2018 and you can see how dry it was then.

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
bunch a dumbasses if you ask me.......

look, if you tell people what your agenda is, the battle is lost....why in the hell would you want to reveal that?

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, my wife has been tasked to come up with a Pronoun Policy for her company (not her idea). One of the features of these PP is at the start of a meeting everyone goes around the table and reveals their preferred pronoun.
I'm not making this up.
Would to God I had that job. The meeting would be over in 30 seconds.

"Listen motherfuckers, this is the way it is.
Men (humans with dicks) will be addressed as Mister.
Married women will be addressed as Missus.
Unmarried women will be addressed as Miss.
If you don't like the policy or disagree with it, pack your shit and get the fuck out."

six-string

Reaction score
In 1975 there was a fad that included a lot of pin buttons supporting the so-called feminist movement.
The popular pins are below.
Of course there was a backlash. Hence the 2nd pin.
I remember having a red T-shirt with a logo that was a basic pencil outline of men's genitals and the slogan was, "That's Why Not!". I thought it was funny however, the Dean at school did not agree.
international-womens-year-1975_why-not_because_buttons11.jpg

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
Would to God I had that job. The meeting would be over in 30 seconds.

"Listen motherfuckers, this is the way it is.
Men (humans with dicks) will be addressed as Mister.
Married women will be addressed as Missus.
Unmarried women will be addressed as Miss.
If you don't like the policy or disagree with it, pack your shit and get the fuck out."
That would be nice, but not likely to happen. She will get to present the ramifications of the policy but things are out of her hands.

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be nice, but not likely to happen. She will get to present the ramifications of the policy but things are out of her hands.
Yeah, I know ... more venting and fantasizing than anything.

My best wishes for your wife in her most difficult task.

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not making this up.
I wouldn't even know how to respond... I would likely say "Holy motherfucker of all that lives"

Seriously... We generally use first names in meetings. Pronouns to a specific person are "you" and "we"
He/she/his/hers are generally not used around the target person.

Fiesta Red

Reaction score
I knew what it was, but honestly that was my first thought.
Then I spent the better part of the weekend wondering WTF a smoke bomb would have to do with a gender reveal party... I kept picturing a regular smoke bomb temporarily concealing a picture or plaque while someone removed a cover.
Then I saw a picture of a pink smoke bomb. OK, got it.
Now why up in a fire-prone forest area? Oh... because neighbor Karen will call the city if someone has more than 2 people in their back yard.

So THIS is where it started.....

View attachment 487454
View attachment 487455

Looks like this now

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I imagine between the Apple Fire and this one, Oak Glen's apple crop is a non-event this year :(
Used to love going up there with my folks every fall to buy a box of apples and watch them make cider.
I haven't been to Law's for breakfast in years... used to stop there on our way to Big Bear.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
I wouldn't even know how to respond... I would likely say "Holy motherfucker of all that lives"

Seriously... We generally use first names in meetings. Pronouns to a specific person are "you" and "we"
He/she/his/hers are generally not used around the target person.
That's the easy part as you'd also have to update all current corporate communications. The other crazy part is that those in the Diversity and Inclusion business that are pushing this keep saying that employees would also need to practice this at home, which now starts encroaching on religious beliefs and all sorts of other fun.

Revealing a kid's gender as if it's a big deal is really strange to me and does nothing but help promote all this other nonsense.

Latest Threads