Gem Series

PudgieTheSheep

Reaction score
Just heard my workmate going on about these and how in '95 he went in to a guitar shop and was devastated that these had been discontinued! Had a wee google and I LOVE the ruby one. I just lost out on a £700, black, LP standard :mad: But these do look sublime... especially with those p-90's. So what do you guys think? Anyone ever had one or know anyone who has?

Reaction score
Never had one, but I've been smitten by the Emerald since they came out. Played a few in a now lon gone local shop, nice guitars. If I could have afforded it, I'd have bought on. Here in MLP Bigalthebird has a really cool modded Sapphire that's just a beaut!

Schtang

Reaction score
These were actually made from 1996-1997 (not in 95).
I have a ruby red you speak of, bought in 1997 new in Sydney (it was made on the 10th December 1996) - great guitar obviously as I have had it for 11 years.

Gem_web.jpg

yGEM_WEB.jpg

gemgigging.jpg

tlecstr

Reaction score
This is my 96 sapphire. I sold it a couple of years ago to help finance the purchase of a 1966 telecaster. I love my tele, but I wish I had this back. If the guy that bought it from me is a member here, I'll make an offer...lol

For some reason the pics won't load.

Axeman16

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
the black ones are super sweet. theyre like deluxe pros.

PudgieTheSheep

Reaction score
I was looking at that EXACT guitar! I would have bought it but the P&P to the UK was a fair chunk. I'd really love a Les Paul but I've got a holiday comin up and I suppose I'd better save some £'s for that.

korby

Reaction score
Just got one ! 1997 Gibson Les Paul Studio Gem Series Topaz.
004-10.jpg

korby

Reaction score
My friend came over last night to try it , he has an older LP Custom , he was a little peeved that the sound was so close to his . He wants it if I decide I dont .

CARNAGE222

Reaction score
Topaz with a pickguard is just about perfect. Throw on some tophats...now perfect. IMO.

korby

Reaction score
It had a pick guard at one point , the holes are there and a bit of the hardware was in the case . I found a shot of one with the pick guard .
translate_url_content

The pickups are kind of off white .

Latest Threads