Geddy Lee has a burst?

questionman

Reaction score

Just saw this article on GW

Razzle

Reaction score
Is it just me, or are we seeing an increase of people selling off their guitar collections. You know, people that are heavily steeped in either the guitar era through playing, or through collecting.

Kinda like the stock market. When it starts going down, people sell.

I really think we're starting to see a trend.

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or are we seeing an increase of people selling off their guitar collections. You know, people that are heavily steeped in either the guitar era through playing, or through collecting.

There's always been bursts for sale. You are definitely more aware of it because of the internet and how people advertise. Case in point...you didn't know about the transaction where he purchased it.
Not to say there isn't an increase in guitars for sale, but the distribution model continues to evolve. A few years ago, you wouldn't see dealers put stuff on reverb or gbase. Now I think everyone does it.

Reactions: Who

Uncle Vinnie

Premium Member
Reaction score

They're also getting older. Lee is in his mid-60s. David Gilmour, Clapton, et al are in their mid-70s. Might as well cash in before you cash out.

Pete M

Reaction score

Ten years ago you would rarely ever see bursts for sale on the internet apart from a few guitar shops that had an online presence. The only other semi-reliable place to sell stuff publicly was Ebay (for a sky high fee), Craigslist, or possibly GBase. It was a risk. It think it's easier these days. There's a lot more information out there. Also they're not getting any younger.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
I wonder what makes it a "special-edition." It's even more Bursty than a regular Burst?
Special Edition simply refers to any guitar you are currently selling.

Usually seen along with the comments "plays like butter' and 'thinning the herd'

This is the classification just before "Rare"

Duane_the_tub

Reaction score
Best guitar he's ever played, hands-down. He hates to part with it but has no choice due to an unforeseen tax bill. His loss, our gain.

jim777

Reaction score
I love that 335/355 mashup in there, and the Strat is perfect. Nice guitars that kid has collected :)

pmonk

Reaction score
I really think to the majority of professional musicians, guitars are just tools of the trade and they just don't buy into the hype.

Gilmour summed it up best: Fender custom shop guitars are just as good.

I just wish they stop with the time has come to reunite a select few of his finest string instruments with talented musicians around the world who can help these works of art fulfill their original and intended purpose of making art.

That guitar will either be in a vault or behind glass.

DarthPaul

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's cool to see another early '59.
(Side note: CC29 was based off of 9-1165.)

My Les Paul Classifieds